Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought HP 8720 printer at amazon of USA.

I am use this in korea now.

Firmware Ver.: WMP1CN1716AR
I have updated using firmware from HP homepage directly when I received.

and I changed language from English to Korean on setup menu.
and attached Application icon on menu using Apps icon(Private print/google drive/scan image/family search/public print .....).
But language and Apps restored factory setting automatically at displayed menu when system rebooting .
It was disappeared korean language and Apps icon.

Let me know how to setup language and the method using Apps.

and I did semi-full-reset using lit menu(Hidden display menu) many times. and did partial reset, too.

I asked to HP solution center(USA) but they can not solve. 

I did call Korean solution center, they can not solve this issue, too.

HP solution center(USA) said th me  ask this site. 

Help me, please

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @wikikang

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to change the language on the printer, is that right?

Kudos to you for exhausting all the troubleshooting steps. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Is the printer setup over wireless?

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

If the printer is setup over wireless, recommend you get the IP address of the printer and try to change the language of the printer using the EWS page. 

Recommend you refer to this HP Article for assistance in changing the language on the printer. (Though your printer is not listed in the article, it would still help you get to the EWS page of the printer to change the language.)

Please click here for the user manual of the printer for assistance. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did as you said.

But didn't change.

the language is english & USA after rebooting.

thank you.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying to change the settings using the EWS page. Recommend you contact our phone support for the service options. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you reply my question.

I wonder if you can solve this issue using contact your phone support.

you mean your HP has high tech level, right?

I did already test with your HP printer Assistant. but I think HP printer Assistanthe has tech. limited . 

but I'm in korea now , so I can not call to USA because telephone cost. ^^^

Can you call to me?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply To the best of my knowledge, the tech support will not be able to call anyone outside of USA. Recommend you contact our chat support if you are able to call. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.