cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP B9180 Glossy prints not glossy

HP Recommended

I have just purchased an HP B9180 A3+ printer, and I am using HP advanced paper, glossy. My problem is that prints do not seem to be glossy, certainly not when compared to my old Epson R800 (which used a gloss optimiser). They appear to be close to semi-gloss or even matte. I am using the profile that came with the printer.  I have similar results from using Epson Premium Glossy paper.

Has anyone experienced this?
 derekc is online nowReport Post   Edit/Delete Message
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have purchased a Pro B9180 recently and after talking to the "offshore" technicians and reading the article by Neil Snape,  I am convinced that you  CAN NOT print glossies on the Pro B9180.  I have all my glossies printed by a professional studio.  I am a professional photographer and cannot risk sending out compromised prints.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.

@davenkris wrote:

and after talking to the "offshore" technicians and reading the article by Neil Snape,  ...

Are you able to give a reference to the article mentioned, and any info from the techicians.

0 Kudos
Level 2
21 19 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

use different print profile until it works.

it WILL print glossies, mine come out gorgeous.

print at a higher resolution, and just try different profiles until it works.

however,

i was told by HP tech last night that the 9180 DOES NOT SUPPORT OTHER PAPER ICC PROFILES..... That is why its not working. You need to use other HP print profiles.

I am getting my 5th printer in a year tomorrow......   I can not print on soft gloss, all i get is littl pizza cutter dots allll the way dwosn the page. 

I am in tears..... I can't belive all the money i have put into this... This printer should be recalled.

let me know if it works?

TURN OFF PRINTER MANAGES COLORS.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me which profile you are using - because I'm using HP's advanced photo paper glossy, I've always used their profile of the same name.

Since the last reply to this thread, I too have fallen foul to a B9180 error - service stall - which I cannot cure.

Derek

0 Kudos
Level 2
21 19 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

have you called their help tech support?

how old is your unit?

did you google the service stall?

that really sucks and I am so sorry.

I purchased the 3 year emergency replace for 75$. I will keep sending back till im blue in the face until I get a unit that works right. If it fails.. and IT WILL , I will send it back.

PERIOD. 

We are being taken advantage of and it breaks my heart. I am trying to make a living. and they are making it impossible Derek.

Anyways, their support folks who are up in Canada, are very kind people call during the day if you can.

Yes, I end up using that profile all the time. Its one of my only 3 that work..... (do you have Vista by the way?)

and my 5th replacement came today - I am looking forward to spending 2 hours on the phone setting her up.  then it failing. I can't wait. (yes, I said 5th replacement)...

I dont know why they dont send techs to peoples houses who have problems like ME do you know how much money it could save them?

Whatever.

Tell me what happens when you google. I will do it and see what happens then I will come back here and post.

talk to you later Derek. I am sorry you too are the sucker that we in the b9180 family are.

BUT if that profile isnt working. I would just start going down from the top of the list and working down. dont let it print a WHOLE piece of paper, let it run for an inch and then be done with it. 

I would get a pack of 4x6 glossy (17$) you can order it here an have delivered by tomorrow for free, and test instead of using big paper.

Peace.  OH, AND WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING TIME, DATE, WHO YOU TALKED TO.

PEACE,

kim

0 Kudos
Level 2
21 19 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Derek..

unplug the unit for 3 hours.

Then plug it back in.

It should work.

Kim

0 Kudos
Level 2
21 19 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

go to DPREVIEW.COM

type in b9180 in their search box

there is a lot of stuff there for you IF you are TECHNICAL. If you are NOT a techie, then don't bother...

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CanonChick wrote:

have you called their help tech support?

how old is your unit?

did you google the service stall?

I emailed support here in the UK.  The basics of their reply is:

Thank you for contacting HP Customer Care.

Derek, We regret to inform you that after checking your warranty on our systems, your product is no longer covered by HP warranty.

If you would like help in solving your Problem, downloading software or drivers, or obtaining additional product information, we would like to direct you to the HP support website. This dynamic website has free and easy to access support content, and is continually updated with answers to our customers’ most frequently asked questions.

Alternatively, you could visit our award winning HP Support Forum where knowledgeable users can help you to get insights, tips, and answers to your questions about HP products and solutions.

In other words, we're not going to give you any advice.  We'll leave it to users such as yourself to do the job for us.  It's not as if I'm asking for a free repair, just some advice as to what to do.  Unbelievable!!

The printer is about 14 months old, and has perhaps produced 20 prints during that time!!

I did Google service stall, but without any conclusions.  One post  states that HP did not have a service stall error listed!!

0 Kudos
Level 2
21 19 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay, when I googled, about 50 different sites produced.

do what i suggested.

unplug it for 3 hours and then plug back in

you should have bought the friggen warranty.

I am sorry my friend you are in trouble.

and of COURSE 2 months after warranty expired.

how do you think I feel?

5th printer TODAY now I have to install that **bleep** thing alll over again!

I am GRATEFUL they sent me a NEW one and not REFURBISHED.  The 1st NEW one I got was last year at the end of MARCH then got 3 'REFURBISHED' now a NEW one.

I got the 3 year warranty, THANK GOD.

what happened to the good ol days when companies took care of their people.

the only people who buy HP now, is those of us who didn't know any better.

tell me what happens. -

hey if you wanna Skype, you can look up my user name listed here. starting with Canon - I don't wanna write it here because of spam bots.

If not, I hope to see a post from you in  a couple of hours and see what happens.

Every place I read, they say to unplug it from anywhere to 30 minutes to 3 hours. That is why I recommended 3 hours to you.

It's up to you if you want to plug it in and turn it on and WASTE INK sooner and then only have to unplug it again and wait again to see if it will restart in good fashion.

I am so sorry this happened to you my friend. 

I feel bad for all of us who aren't technical in nature BUT do have common sense and feelings.

Peace.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation