cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sams66
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP C3180 ink cartridge light keep blinking

Hi guys! Please need help

Recently I purchased an HP replacement color ink cartridge, the number on the cartridge is 342 (and has a logo Jet on the package). Whe I replaced this new cartr. the colour light and the cartr. light kept blinking, automatically I thought it might be a bad batch and then I bought again the same make and tried it again with the same result. My conclusion was that this cart. might be incompatible. Last sunday I went to PCWorld and bought the proper HP product and installed it in my printer and the result was still the same, blinking lights. I went to hp support web site and tried their troubleshooting guide which advises to clean the contacts of inside the in the printer where the cartridge seats. I have done this many times(more than eight times with no success. Can you please save my printer, it is almost brand new(bought about eleven months ago). I don't understand why the printer does not accept HP product aswell.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
sams66
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi guy's again

I can't believe nobody had this problem before. I contacted HP and they regret they can't help me because of warranty run out. they think it is apparent that the problem is related to the hardware functionality of the PC/unit. what do they mean by pc/unit, I hope they aren't talking about my laptop and my desktop as it the printer doen't work in both cases.

0 Kudos
fonchoman
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same problem,

Color  and printer cartridge lights blinking.

Followed all support suggestions. Still not working.

0 Kudos
hk_down
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with cartridges 343 from Malaysia. 

Finally I have solved it by cleaning the cartridge metallic connections with some paper and water.

I have also cleaned the metallic connections of my printer.

It s working perfectly !!!

HK

from Switzerland

0 Kudos
Trosher
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem I had, the orange tape came off the cartridge but left the clear tape on the back of the cartridge. Once remove and installed the lights stopped flashing.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation