Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Tutor
Message 1 of 10 (6,141 Views)

HP C410a

First of all I've since lost the Install CD somehow but even with that I was still having issues to begin with. I've continued with the driver downloads offered by this site, both basic and full.

Full Install always ends with errors that preclude the install from ever finishing, and unless I manually uninstall it, it always ends up in a never ending loop of trying to complete the installation/uninstall all over again.

I was successful in loading the drivers in the basic install, however there is limited functionality, (basically printing service only no scanning or further abilities) which interrupts the proper working of previously installed HP software applications and the Twain Scanner service.

Doesn't matter how many times I uninstall/reinstall as all of your help topics (made by the parrallel installed solution center that installs with the software package, the downloaded installation error exe, etc.) suggest (through various means) I still end up with the same results. Also it does not matter if I try to connect wirelessly or through USB, the installation errors usually happen after I have made a successful initial connection to the computer when the install process is supposed to be finishing up.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 10 (6,115 Views)

Re: HP C410a

and yes I have tried all of the diagnostic tools offered and get the same answers with no solutions.

I have no issues installing basic drivers on all other computers attempted so far but they usually have no need for the scanner capability, only the one that is supposed to be connected to it via USB but that will not work regardless of connection mode, as basic install is of limited functionality (with no ability to properly connect with the scanner), and full install always ends the install with an error before it has time to complete, as previously stated.

Provost
Message 3 of 10 (6,110 Views)

It certainly would help is you stated which operating system and version your PC has installed.

Best regards,
erico
If any of my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple Thumbs up + icon .

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Tutor
Message 4 of 10 (6,106 Views)

Win XP SP2

Tutor
Message 5 of 10 (6,100 Views)

If you need me to post any specific file log reports let me know, if that will help speed up the process. Thanks

Provost
Message 6 of 10 (6,096 Views)

crimsonsamurai wrote:

Win XP SP2

Just so you know if someone asks you again, whenever you state what your operating system is, be sure and say whether it is 32 or 64-bit. Every OS is one or the other and drivers come in different versions as well.  I still need that information.

If you right click on My Computer and select properties then you will see whioch version your operating system is.

Best regards,

erico

If any of my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple Thumbs up + icon .

Tutor
Message 7 of 10 (6,094 Views)

Tutor
Message 8 of 10 (6,081 Views)

Bump

Provost
Message 9 of 10 (6,070 Views)

Sounds like the microsoft installer version could be an issue. What is the exact wording of the errors when you try to install the software.

I suggest you consider upgrading from Windows XP SP2 to Windows XP SP3. It actually has been available for a couple of years not.

Best regards,
erico

Tutor
Message 10 of 10 (5,553 Views)

I'm going to assume you have the same problem I had as my printer and system the same.  My install always failed right at the end trying to install Photosmart Essentials sayint that "HPPhotosmartEssential.msi" can't be found or "a network resource is unavailable".  I called HP and was told that this program (Photosmart Essentials) is defunct for this printer and has been replaced by HP Photo Creations which the install CD or download does install.  What I had to do was get rid of Hp Photosmart Essentials.  It was listed in the Add/Remove program in my Control Panel but it wouldn't allow me to remove it.  HP told me to get a free program called "Windows Install Clean Up".  Search Google for that exact name by Microsoft.  It will remove programs that the add/remove won't.  This is usually due to a corrupt file, bad registry key, or any number of other ailments.  This program sometimes gives you a error when you try to run it but they said to just ignor it and continue.  Be careful to highlight ONLY nthe program you want to remove. This program should be "msicuu2.exe" for XP SP2, 32 bit.

Hope this helps,

Rick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation