Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,571 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP C4680 Carriage Jam, shed part

HP Photosmart C4680, printer/scanner/copier. After finishing printing a piece, the printer suddenly reported having a carriage jam.. When I pulled the paper out of the feed, a small (about 1/4" long) metal cylinder came out too. The cartridges now won't move into or out of the right side dock except manually. I looked for but didn't find any user information that gets into this kind of detail. Is this a user-serivceable issue? Can it be fixed? Or do I need to replace an approximately 18 month old printer?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP C4680 Carriage Jam, shed part

Unfortunately, that is not a user-serviceable part. If you have an extended warranty that should be covered.

View solution in context
Professor
Message 2 of 3 (1,565 Views)

Unfortunately, that is not a user-serviceable part. If you have an extended warranty that should be covered.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,563 Views)

Thanks for that. At least I won't waste the rest of the afternoon trying to fix the dratted thing!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation