cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
grandHighblood
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP CLJ Pro M252dw Wi-Fi WPA2-EP connection failure

HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw

Just unpacked and tried to install into corporate network new HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw - and encountered a problem with wireless connection.
When trying to connect to our wireless network (regardless throuh wizard, or with direct SSID entering) - printer shows "connection error", without even trying to ask for login\password or even only password for connection.
We have mac-filtering, but the printer's mac-address was already added to the white-list.
What can be the cause of such misbehaviour?

3 REPLIES 3
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 16,625 1,042 2,597
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Good Morning @grandHighblood,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that the printer isn't recognizing the network. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

I would suggest to power cycle everything, disconnect the power on the router and reconnect it again, then restart the printer. 

The printer is only capable of sending/receiving in the 2.4Ghz band.
If it is set to 5 GHZ network you may need to change to 2.4 GHZ. (rename the 5ghz or shut it off)
The WPA key setting needs to be on AES to work correctly not TKIP.
Multi casting needs to be turned on.
Firewall on the router has to have open ports for the printer.

Are you using Fixed IP addresses?

You can try and configure the wireless through the Wireless Direct on the printer. Enable the Wireless Direct on the printer.
Touch the Wireless icon on the display and enable it, go into Settings for the password.
  • On the computer, in the bottom right corner click on the wireless icon and select the printer from the list to connect to.
  • Then open Internet Explorer and type in the IP address (192.168.223.1) for the printer in the address bar.
  • This will load the embedded web server for the printer.
  • Select the networking tab, wireless on the left-hand side.
  • Fill out all your network information, select infrastructure, select your network name, put in password and type of encryption.
  • Apply settings.
  • Click on the wireless icon and connect back to your network name.
  • Print out a configuration report to make sure the IPv4 address is valid. 
  • Then run the installation.
If the issue persists, I would connect the printer with an Ethernet connection and then setup the wireless through the printer's Embedded Web Server.

What kind of network do you have setup?
What kind of Encryptian are you using?

You can click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my efforts. Please let me know how this goes. Have a great day!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
grandHighblood
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Soo. I restarted the printer.
We use 2.4 GHz WPA2 - Enterprise wireless network with 'either-or' AES\TKIP encryption.
I tried connecting the printer via usb to my laptop, and configuring it directly - thanks HP for very convenient setup app.
So, i got *see attached pic*Wireless networks available

The upper two - are our guest networks, so they're out of question - but they're available.
The bottom two - are the ones, which i need to use with this printer - but they're unavailable.
As I asked inbefore - is this printer incapable of being used with WPA 2 - Ent. networks entirely?
I'm pretty sure - that fixed ip and all your other questions, which i didn't answer, are now pretty unimportant, due to problem on the wi-fi connectivity, not the network configuration.

Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 16,625 1,042 2,597
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @grandHighblood,

You would have to connect the printer to the main network.

You can check out some valid information in this document for the printer not being able to connect to the network: Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup. 

If you are still having issues, set up the printer through an Adhoc connection to test the wireless card on the printer.

On the right bottom corner of the computer, click on the wireless icon and connect to the printer's network name.
(it might take a minute or so to show up)
Once you get a solid blue wireless light on the printer, print a configuration page to get the printer's IPv4 address. 
Run the Add Printer wizard and test the printer's functionality.

What operating systems are you using?

If the issue persists, try the Wireless Direct Setup or configure the Wireless through the Ethernet connection.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation