cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lray801
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP CM3530 digital sending issues

HP Recommended

Greetings,

I'm having a multitude of issues with digital sending with this printer and I figured I'd try here before I go throw it into the middle of the freeway.

I'd like to be able to scan to e-mail, but I cannot for the life of me get this to work.  The printer configuration page says everything is good, but I get told the email server is not responding when I try to actually scan to email. I'd love to insert a picture with the configuration, but the web page won't let me. Figures.  I'm told that Office365 needs TLS and I read that this printer supports it, but I can't seem to verify how. I have checked to use SSL; if I remove that I don't get the email server error but instead get an internal email error (very helpful HP, thanks). There is no additional information provided.

Okay, so I'll just scan to folders, right? WRONG. I have two folders on two different machines and it refuses to scan to either, for different reasons. One folder does not have a password and access is verified during configuration from the web, but once I try to actually scan to it from the machine, I get told that access is denied. The folder with the password can be verified during configuration, but when it comes time to scan to it, the printer requires the username and password for the printer. I don't want my users having to enter this stuff every time they scan. If I'm entering it during configuration, then why doesn't the printer save it in said configuration?

Any help toward resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
John_Getzke
Level 11
3,668 3,638 228 559
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whenever a printer is network connected and a user desires to scan to a network resource then credentials are going to be needed.  The only exception is when you happen to set up destinations that do not actually require any authentication.

Scanning to email is one thing.  If you cannot communicate with your email server then chances are that you are pointing to the wrong IP address or your printer is not actually internet connected (email internal vs external).  In one case you need to make sure you are allowing this communcation through your firewall and in the other you simply need to verify how you are contacting the email server.  The Scan to Email configuration page hosted by the printers EWS (Embedded Web Server) should be able to walk you through all of this from a web browser.  To take a screen shot all you need to do is use your machines default screen shot functionality and paste it to an image file like .png, .bmp, etc.

Scanning to a folder is another thing.  Scan to folder problems are either related to destination credentials or sometimes samba issues when scanning to apple/*nix network resources.  The best way to solve these problems is to set up an entirely open network share that can allow anyone and everyone to scan to it.  Once that is configured then get your printer to scan to that area and start slowly adding back the security that is normally in place.  This will help you isolate what is getting in the way or not.  If there is a Samba incompatibility issue then you normally need to reconfigure the destination so that it can accept incoming scan jobs.  That sometimes means changing the samba version that is supported.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
lray801
Author
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again.  I'm back to the email thing and it's because the folder scanning, which was working beautifully, is now on the fritz (PDF files to one specific user keep being corrupted).

I get a positive confirmation that the gateway I'm trying to use is valid.  However, the server wants TLS to be used and I don't see a way to verify if the machine is using TLS or not.  When I leave SSL unchecked in the configuration window, the printer will attempt to send the email but fail. If I check SSL, the printer immediately says the gateway is not responding.

Capture.PNG

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Luke

0 Kudos
John_Getzke
Level 11
3,668 3,638 228 559
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try and IP address instead of a Domain Name for your SMTP Gateway.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation