cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
LorenFykes Tutor
Tutor
5 5 0 3
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP CP1020 won't print in BW bc of low color ink

Hi.

Thank you for your response, but I still feel like the problem isn't really completely addressed.

1) Are you saying that EVEN if I only want to print in black/white and select black/white printing in preferences, that I must always replace color cartridges going forward because they will be used for black/white printing?

2) Saying "color" is used "in most cases" to make a true black when there is already black ink seems a bit odd. So, are you saying the printer does NOT allow the user to make a setting ONLY to use the ink from the black cartridge?

In this printer, I am forced always to buy ink that I'm never using to print only in black/white. Is that right? And each ink cartridge is $15+ and there are 6-8 of them.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
12,138 11,471 966 2,918
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP CP1020 won't print in BW bc of low color ink

Hi LorenFykes,

The CP1020 printer only has 4 toners cartridges. Do you have a different printer other than the CP1020?

HP, like other printer manufacturers, offers printers with permanent printheads that require ink for all the colors to keep from damaging the printheads.  HP, like some other manufacturers, also offers printers with user replaceable printheads.  These may of may not require ink in all colors to print, although damage may occur if printing with empty cartridge.  Finally, HP like a few other manufacturers also offers printers with the printhead built into the ink supply.  It is replaced at each cartridge change.  These printers will happily print with a supply low, empty or for many models even removed completely.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation