Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aca905 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP CP1518NI color alignment is very off.

Project: HP Color LaserJet CP1518ni

Error message: none

I have tried to calibrate and clean but the problem only worsens.

The worst color is Magenta, I have read that the cartridge should be replaced but it is still 97% full.

Please help!

4 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3102 239 456
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Happy Friday! Sorry to hear about your issues with your LaserJet. Below I have linked a fairly lengthy document that should help resolve your print quality issues. Be sure to post back with your results. If it doesnt fix your issue we can work on getting it fixed.

Resolving Print Quality Issues

Good luck!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jmesservy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had to update the firmware then the drivers for my CP1518ni. Then I was able to calibrate it and it works! This issue took me a month of searching before I got it figured out. I only joined to keep others from having this issue!

Here is the link to update the firmware and drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3422472

0 Kudos
mercy4free Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My problem is that it seems the black cartridge is not lining up with the others. For example, I can really tell if I print a shipping label in "color" as it will use both the black cartridge and a mixture of the other three to make the black text (it looks like there is a doubleprint or a shadow of the text beside itself) versus if I just print "black only" and then it is fine. If I only used it to print labels, I would have no problem. However, we are a social service agency and we use it to print pictures to go with reports...

i think we have changed the catridge and updated the firmware. 

0 Kudos
Jerry3170 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had the same problem with CP1518ni.  Bought 2 new cartridges and still didn't work.  Took it to an engineer who looked inside to see problem.  Found that the Auto Calibrate caused the problem.  A qualified service person can manually reallign the cartridge and said the auto calibrate over cablibrated to the point it knocked it "out of whack."  What ever it was, he fixed it and it works great.  I'm trying to find a way to de-activate the auto calibration.   Another method is to not leave printer on when not using it.    I am disappointed that HP doesn't want to address this problem.  Looks like several 100's of people have been having the same problem.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation