cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Color Laser Scanner Not Functioning

I have a HP 2840 All-in One Color Laserjet Printer that the scanning capabilities is not available at the Mac computer either in print browser, Preview, Image Capture, or AirPrint.

The computer is a an Apple Mac Pro Desktop 2012 with OS 10.8.3.

After upgrading to OS 10.8.2 from 10.7.x, the HP scan capability no longer existed.

I would appreciate a real successful resolution since there have been a great number of people with their scanner functions not being available and I have tried numerous suggestions.

HP discontinued support for Apple product and Apple was not able to upgrade printer support in total.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One - HP Forums Moderator

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am aware of some printer/scanner services are not available as I mentioned in my original posting.  There are some folks claiming to have had a workaround on earlier Operating systems but once HP software has been updated, scanning control from/by the computer is impossible.

I would also point out that there seems to be no real solution to the scanner problem and so far not even by a third party software developer.

Again, a review of the listed printers not supported, the combo printers (All-in-One) 2800 series does not seem to be listed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, I was wrong about the 2800 series not being listed.
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation