Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet 3600n Printe

Our printer is suddenly not printing in color even though the toners are all full. It only prints black (not even grey). How can we fix/troubleshoot this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
If you print the built-in Pages like the configuration page so they print in color?

It's possible the embedded web server has been set to restrict color.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem as stated above.  The cartridges have enough toner.  I have tried a cold reset to no avail. I ensured that the printer settings on teh computer are in color.  I have tried to print the configuration pages and they are also in black and white.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Go to the diagnostics menu on the printer and choose the item pq troubleshooting and select. Tell us what pages you get and what is on them.

HP Recommended

It appears that my problem was solved by doing that PQ Troubleshooting. 

It came out with a summary page that printed in color, a pink page, a blue page, a yello page, a grey page, a white page, and a configuration page.  I then printed a document from my pc and it printed in color.  Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

HP 3600n Color LaserJet

Cyan cartirdge is low but registers.

Diagnostics: PQ Troubleshooting prints out all pages blank.

Does not print in grayscale either.

Mac OS 10.11.6

Help???

HP Recommended

I know this is an old post, but I am not able to find anywher a perminate solution to this problem. My Laserjet 3600 routinely stops printing color for no apparent reason. Sometimes printing the configuration page helps it, but sometimes not. 

Any ideas? 

HP Recommended

iTB(Intermediate Transfer Belt) Sticky Solenoid has to be fixxed or replaced.

http://westhillprinters.blogspot.com/2011/12/sticky-solenoids.html

52158.jpg52160.jpg52159.jpg

HP Recommended

I too have this printer and sometimes the printer just prints black and white instead of color. Opening the tray  and removing the toners seems to help . I thought that that it makes no  sense that removing and inserting stuff made it better. The sticky solenoid makes sense as the area get shaken and the stuck solenoid can release.

So the ITB has one of these little solenoids inside and mine was definately sticky. I removed the sticky residue with acetone  and applied a new  foam pad. 

Hope this solves the issue. The hardest part was getting the plastic cover off. There are 2 latches that need to be pressed on the far side away from the srews to release the cover. 

The solenoid in under the cover held by one screw.  Easy to clean  - I removed the solenoid for cleaning but it can be done without removing it. 

Thanks for the suggestion and hope it works. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.