cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ElCoyote_
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Color LaserJet 451dn: 'Firmware Corrupt, Ready 2 Download'

HP Recommended
LasjerJet 400 Pro, Model 451dn
Linux

Hi everyone,

I (used to) have a perfectly working HP Color LaserJet 400 Pro Series (Model 451dn).

The printer was networked using Ethernet and I could print fine from the Windows, OSX and Linux boxes in my home.

It was working fine until I tried updating the firmware last sunday and it lost power while it was 'Erasing...' (ouch)

Sure enough, when the power came back, the printer was non-functionnal, had lost all of its settings and displayed that infamous message:

"Firmware Corrupt, Ready 2 Download".

I tried a few things in hope that I would be able to recover the printer:

Attempt #1)

- Disconnected Ethernet, connected the printer though USB to a Windows 10 PC (the one I had been flashing from).

- Created a new USB printer.

- Attempted to flash the printer again

- No result, the printer's display didn't even blink.

Attempt #2)

- with the printer turned off, run the flash utility -again- and send the firmware payload to the USB-defined printer.

- Once the full firmware was sent to the spooler, turn the printer on.

The printer showed 'Downloading...' quickly (about 1 second) and went to 'Erasing...' with a dark Orange LED light on.

It stayed like this 'Erasing...' for several hours.

Interestingly, when I first connected the printer to the Windows Computer using the USB cable., a completely different printer showed up on the USB Bus: an HP Laserjet 3020 (I've never owned any of these). I was able to confirm that it was my Laserjet 451dn that thought it was a Laserjet 3020.

Any ideas?

Is it worth attempting to get the printer repaired? Can it be repaired?

Thanks for reading,

Vincent

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
JFC_
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Install the HP Universal Printer PCL6 driver, 

While your printer is at OFF

Install manually (Windows Add Printer) the printer via USB with the PCL 6 driver

Open the HP Utility Firmware Update and send it to the printer. 

JF

0 Kudos
ARommel
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, after start the firmware update.

"The printer showed 'Downloading...' quickly (about 1 second) and went to 'Erasing...' with a dark Orange LED light on.

It stayed like this 'Erasing...' for several hours."

How it can be solved?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation