Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (8,604 Views)

HP Color LaserJet CP1518ni & Windows 7 via network

I have a HP Color LaserJet CP1518ni connected to the network, not via a USB cable. How to I setup this printer so I can print to it from my WIndows 7 machine? Will HP be coming out with anything other than the Universal Print Drivers for this printer? If so, when?
Dean
Message 2 of 6 (8,603 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet CP1518ni & Windows 7 via network

[ Edited ]

You can either try Installing the HP Universal Print Driver or Installing the Product Driver Located in the Windows 7 Operating System. The detailed steps are documented in the below weblink:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796859

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (8,593 Views)

Those instructions are for connecting via usb. This printer is connected to the network, not to a computer.
Dean
Message 4 of 6 (8,588 Views)

As we know that the drivers on in Windows Update listing.

Click Start, Devices and printers, add printer > add Network printer >  Follow on screen instructions (Do not let the system detect) > choose brand and model > Windows Update > Select HP and HP Laserjet CP1518NI

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.  

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (8,586 Views)

Thank you. While your instructions weren't exactly right, I was able to install a printer driver and get the printer working.

Of course, this is just the universal print driver. Is HP going to come out with a print driver package for Windows 7? If so, when?

Dean
Message 6 of 6 (8,584 Views)

The full feature download for your printer supporting windows 7 will be available for your product in late January 2010.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation