Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Trying to install software/drivers for this printer HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n on a wired network connection on PC running win 7 64 bit get error box as below

MSIExec command: /i "c:\HP_Color_LaserJet _Pro_MFP_M277\Setup|Core|SIPM_64|HpTcpMon64.msi" /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress
Path:<empty>
Return code: 1603

I have tried restarting and reinstalling with no success.
Followed guide in HP Forum for similar problem on different printer with no success.

Laserjet Pro MFP M277n Install error.jpg

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Stephen 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jandsscott

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n isn't being installed due to the error 1603, etc..

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you been attempting to install using the software disc or the HP Website? (perhaps, you can try the other if you haven't done one these).

Did you check any related HP Forums post to resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

While you try that out, here are a few more steps you can perform:

Solution one: Register Windows components

Register the Atl.dll file, and then Windows Installer. Sometimes these components are un-registered or corrupt, and re-registering can resolve the issue.

Solution two: Temporarily disable services, and then reinstall the HP software

Temporarily disable startup services and Windows Update, and then reinstall the HP software.

Solution three: Turn off services, delete HP files, and then reinstall the software

Turn off HP services, delete some HP files, and then reinstall the software.

Solution four: Check the Microsoft Windows Installer version and upgrade to the latest version

If your computer uses an older version of Microsoft Windows Installer, this error message can occur.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher

Thanks for trying to help. 

I have worked through all the suggestions without any success, all still giving the same 1603 error.

I have searched google for this error and have seen a few references to it being related to the Library folders                          ( Documents,Music ,Pictures, Videos ) and Desktop Folders having been moved from c: windows drive to D:Drive.

I did not want to go through the process of moving them back to c: drive if it was false information and a wild goose chase.

I wonder if you or any of the techies on the forum had come accross this as a possible solution.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Thanks again for your time.

Stephen

HP Recommended

@jandsscott

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm afraid if none of the suggested steps have worked, the only other option is a workaround,

And here's how it works:

You can install a basic driver to work around this issue instead of troubleshooting the error. With the basic driver, the printer still prints, but it might not perform all functions. For instance, if the printer has CD/DVD-printing capability, the printer will lose this function with a basic driver.

Follow these steps to use your printer without troubleshooting the error message.

NOTE:

This workaround does not resolve the issue, but it does provide a way for you to use your printer without further troubleshooting.

1. If you have not already done so, close the error message window, and then cancel the installation.

2. Restart the HP software installation, but this time select the Express or Minimal (basic) installation option instead of the Full or Recommended option.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.