Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We seem to have a problem with the HP color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 since its printing, blue, red and yellow stripes trough out the paper when printed. This happens with almost all prints except full black/white prints.

Can anyone give any tips how we could probably fix this? We have tried to recalibrate the printer and even reset it if that might help, but it didnt seem to do anything.

Could the problem the be color catridge or maybe something else like the colorsprayers? If we cant figure out the problem we probably need to send the device to a professional repairshop.

blue,red,yellow stripes

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is a difficult one to diagnose since it can be a couple of issues. Most times the problem is one of the toner cartridges, however, it is impossible to tell which one so you may have to end up replacing all 4 and that may still not solve the issue as one of the alienation motors on the right side of the unit could also be the issue.  If the unit is still under warranty I would contact hp customer care and have them solve the issue for you on their dime. If you just changed a toner cartridge and the issue started after that I would lean towards a bad new toner cartridge.

HP Recommended

Having the same issue but it seems to be worse when I use 24lb weight paper (almost always) as opposed to 20lb weight (sometimes).  Currently trying to run thru all of the HP recommended maintenance steps... will report back after.

EDIT

After calibrating I had the same issue so I ran the Cleaning Sheet and this is what it looks like...

Cleaning Sheet-112316.JPG

Looking for any assistance.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem - did anyone come up with an answer?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.