Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ColorLaserJet MFP M477 fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

My HP ColorLaserJet MFP M477 fdw is cutting off about 4mm from the bottom of the page when scanning and saving a document using the ADF scanner. 

Could anyone with the same model please test and confirm whether the same issue occurs? The best way to test it is to draw a horizontal and vertical lines accross an A4 page and scan to pc.   

I have a current case with HP and the whole ADF scanning unit was replaced today however the issue is still there. In terms of troubleshooting, I hav etried various different software / PCs to do the scanning and also have the lates firmware.

I would highly appreciate if anyone with the same model could test and confirm.

I have attached a screenshot showing the issue.  As you can see from the gap, the vertical line is cut off at the bottom. I have measured this gap and it is around 4mm.

You cannot reproduce this issue when you photocopy, as the printer will only print up to certain margin points by default.

Many thanks in advance,

Ves

Scannning issue.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ves_A,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to scan the complete page as there is a 4mm gap at the bottom of the page.

As the scanner is already replaced, it could be an issue with the design of the scanner module.

However, you may check by scanning from the flatbed scanner.

You may check the link to scan using the HP Scan software: Scan by using the HP Scan software (Windows)

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I have already tested scanning from the flatbed scaner and that scans fine.

The issue only occurs using the ADF and I just wanted to confirm with someone with the same hardware on these forums to see if it is in fact a design issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.