Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

HP DESKJET 3070A

HP Recommended

I have just purchased an HP DESKJET 3070A printer and according to my ePrint sheet it's supposed to be Apps compliant as was the advice from the sales assistant.

Not only am I getting messages that it isn't but the 'AUTOMATED' detect system has registered it as a completely different printer entirely (for which I cannot even change) and even after having inserted the correct 'Sign Up' printer code :HalfEyes:

I am also fed up of being taken to United States 'business user' pages when specifically saying it was for PERSONAL use during registration, have my support pages set to the UK and their search doesn't even recognise the model.

Does anybody have any ideas please?

Thanks,

maniomegalac

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey maniomegalac!

I'm not sure what you mean by the automated system changed something, could you elaborate? As far as the apps go, I am not particularly familiar with this exact model (I don't think it is sold in the U.S.) but guaging from the specifications I was able to find and my familiarity with other deskjets that support ePrint, it does not support apps.

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Dave_K

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to write which is very much appreciated.

What I meant by the 'automated system' was a line filled in with the printer model which was not editable. I then proceeded to fill in the rest of the registration form.

I was actually looking forward to being able to print off stuff from my mobile phone to have it ready to read when getting home instead of messing about writing notes with the phone keypad. Oh well, sigh!

What has angered me more is the sheet automatically printed off when setting the ePrint options on the machine specifically stated these features were available, so should I complain to HP or to the store in which the advice was given?

Regards,

maniomegalac

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ePrint definitely is available on the printer, just not apps! Sorry if I wasn't clear there. What kind of problem are you having setting up ePrint? If you got the sheet you should be able to go to ePrintCenter.com and register your printer. After you've done that you can customize the printer's email address and then anything you send to that email will be printed (forwarded, attached, or new email also).

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok since you seem to know a lot about it.... how do I print a word Doc that has been emailed to your iphone...

It seems that the eprint doesnt know how to handle attachments... am I correct or is there a way to print an attachment??!?! please help...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
438 438 51 86
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi madtoro5,

Word documents are a supported email attachment for ePrint. You can forward the existing email to your printer's ePrint address that has the Word document attached to it or you can open the document and attach it to a new outgoing email.

You can also open the document in an AirPrint supported app or inside the HP ePrint Home and Biz app, available in the Apple App Store, to print over your local wireless network.

Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HELP?!?!?!

I have recently brought a hp all-in-one Deskjet 3070A printer. I have set it up successfully on my wireless network as it will print wirelessly no problem. I am having major issues trying to set up the ePrint services though.

I have tried doing this directly from the ePrint button on my printer however it then says it cannot connect to the network (even though it is connected to the wireless and has excellent strength! :s)

I have also typed in the IP address on my laptop which has taken me to the printers page. I have selected web services to try to enable web services but an error message keeps coming up saying 'Another person is currently registering the printer. Try again later'

I have also been to the ePrint Centre to try and 'add printer' however I can't figure out my printers code even though I've printed out the hp network configuration page.

I really do not know what to do?!?!?!?! Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey lottehicks!

Try power cycling the printer. To do this, unplug the printer for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. After this is done, try enabling web services again. Let me know if this helps!

Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Dave_K!

I have tried this power cycling thing three times! I was about to reply saying no luck but randomly when I printed out the configuration page this time it printed an extra page with the code on it! It is now all set up! Thank you very much for your help 🙂

Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well I'm glad I could help you out!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation