cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
billyjoel49
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DJ 6127 - after change of the cartridge, blink lights & nothing else happens

Hi all,

today, after using my HP Deskjet 6127 (with a 2nd paper tray) for many years without a problem I experienced something awkward. After changing the black ink cartridge (using a 51645A) when I closed the printer, cartridges returned to default position, remaining there & all three lights begun to blink.

It wasn't possible to print anymore. Tried to switch off the device, but this wasn't possible. So I disconnected power, USB & TCP/IP cables, lift it up from the 2nd paper tray, checked if there would be any rest of paper in the duplex device, but nothing changes.

I performed this "disconnect from power, reconnect & switch on again" many times. As I have the printer connected to my laptop via USB in parallel to the tcpip connection, I heard the "gong" of a USB-device being connected when the printer was connected to power. But when switching it on, the blinking lights are there again. Nothing else.

Have to say that I changed the cartridge in the middle of a print job. Maybe I confused the printers system by doing this.

But I did not find any possibility to reset the printer, so that the device would "come alive" again.

Can anybody help me, please?

I thank you all in advance for your gentle help.

Edgar

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
billyjoel49
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all again,

now I got it done that the printer returned the cartridge-tray, allowing me again to change the cartridge.

Though I changed the new cartridge inserting another new cartridge. But the "ink" light blinks now and the cartridge tray stops at the second icon (inside the printer) where it's shown the cartridge is empty. But thats not the case indeed.

Naturally the printer isn't reachable by network now, so I am not able to check any error messages online. Nor is it possible to print out a network config sheet where some info could be shown.

I am near to a collapse :Crying: now.

If you have any idea, please post.

Thanks all

Bye

Edgar

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,652 26,026 2,378 8,050
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try removing the ink cartridge and cleaning the contacts on the printer and cartridge as shown here. Are you sure it is the low on ink indication and not the cartridge error icon (see here)?  The printer will continue to print with a cartridge reported as empty.  If the cartridge has been refilled it will continue to report as empty, the printer does not know the cartridge has been refilled.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

billyjoel49
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Though it doesn't solve my problem so far.

As you supposed, the icon the ink-cartridge-  is pointing to is the second, asI learned now showing  >>>> Problem The black cartridge is missing, improperly installed, the wrong print cartridge, or is defective.

Following your instructions I for this cleaned the contacts on the cartridge as well as inside the printer with a tissue. As the problem persisted, I performed a hardware-reset as shown in the same text.

But nothing helps, the ink-error-LED still blinks.

Strange: the router reports now (never did before) a device under the IP-address I assigned manually (fixed-IP) to the printer. But it isn't pingable. This does mean for me that a total reset hasn't happen so far. I mean that this might be the reason for the strange behaviour.

Isn't there a reset button I can press with a pen or something this kind? Even ifI searched thourough, didn't find something.

As the printer was working correctly up to yesterday when I changed the cartridge, I presume this is really only a logical error generated by software mislead. And I do not want to buy a new one only by this reason.

But I am sure you will lead me to a solution of this small problem.

Thank you very much for your valuable help

Cheers

Edgar

0 Kudos
edestrada1
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and after I tried everything I was ready to buy a new printer, but I unpluged the network cable and my printer is working fine except for the network capabilities. To fix this issues I will get a printer server and conect it to using a USB port.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation