cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LiviuB
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HP DesighJet 510-42in print with a troublesome green tint

HP Recommended

Hello!

Please, help us!

Our HP DesighJet 510-42in print with a troublesome green tint.

Regardless of the software used (draw, word, PhotoPaint), color palette, primary color mode (RGB or CMYB), the result is the same - annoying shade of green.

We have three sets of original cartridges that have tried, but the result is the same.

Printer is used for printing on canvas and on photographic paper and color quality is essential for art reproductions.

Once again, please, any help is welcome!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LiviuB
Author
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First, thank you for your help.

I runned the Troubleshooting Utility and everything is fine. No problems in Diagnostic Print A and B.

The exception is the menu option: Ink menu - Color Calibration> Calibrate Paper - Set to match the paper type loaded in the printer.
When I select the "Calibrate Paper", instead of being displayed "Set to match the paper type loaded in the printer", the printer starts calibration.
We used two different operating systems to print, Win7-32 and Win8-64, and various bitmap and vector graphics programs. Same result - green is dominant.
I think it is a manufacturing flaw. Too bad.

Again, thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
Mike-T
Level 4
Level 4
61 48 2 17
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi LiviuB,

I found this Print Quality document that might be useful for you. Try the troubleshooting steps under Color Accuracy. 

Please let us know if this works.

Thank you,
Mike

_______

I work on behalf of HP

**Click the KUDOS thumbs up button to say 'Thanks'**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Milan_Cetic
Level 3
Level 3
45 45 2 4
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, DJ 510 is not the best device to use for printing the photographic reproductions. It is realy difficult to set it so it can print accurate colors as this device has no color calibration capabilities.

Better results can be achieved when using original HP media, those that correspond with names in media lists on device.

Also, try to use paper type from Enhanced Colors group when loading the media

I am an HP employee
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 6,101 558 941
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Contrary to the poster above, the unit does have a color calibration. Try that first. Keep in mind color most times is affected by the Printheads and not the ink cartridges. Do a printhead alignment to see if the cyan or yellow printheads are having issues.
Sajjan747
Level 1
Level 1
4 2 0 3
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

In the INk menu - Select troubleshooting - it will print image quality diagnostic page . check if all colour blocks are printed in proper colour  , if a particular colur is not printed properly . replace the PH (print head) and check   ,  also check the Print head usage by printing  information page from printer information in Setup menu .

LiviuB
Author
Level 1
3 1 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First, thank you for your help.

I runned the Troubleshooting Utility and everything is fine. No problems in Diagnostic Print A and B.

The exception is the menu option: Ink menu - Color Calibration> Calibrate Paper - Set to match the paper type loaded in the printer.
When I select the "Calibrate Paper", instead of being displayed "Set to match the paper type loaded in the printer", the printer starts calibration.
We used two different operating systems to print, Win7-32 and Win8-64, and various bitmap and vector graphics programs. Same result - green is dominant.
I think it is a manufacturing flaw. Too bad.

Again, thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation