cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
TimChege Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP DesignJet 650C on Windows 7 x64 via LAN with JetDirect Adapter

Hello Good People!

I would like to know whether a DesignJet 650C (C2858B) with a JetDirect Adapter can be installed via LAN on a PC running Windows 7 (64Bit)? If so, could anyone please give any advice on how to do so?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ~ Tim

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
30,220 25,814 2,363 7,870
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Yes, that is exactly the setup I have (with a JetDirect card installed in the 650c).  Do the following:

Connect the 650c to your router with a LAN cable.  Next, on the front panel press Enter, then down arrow three times to get to I/O Setup, Enter, Modular Setup, Enter, Cfg Network=NO, Enter, uparrow to Yes, Enter.  At this point theCfg Network=NO* will reappear, this is normal.  Press Previous to return to the main status menu.  Next  press Enter, down arrow until you get to Utilities, Enter, down arrow to Config Plot, Enter.  Once the plot finishes look about half way down the page for the MIO setup information, the IP address for the plotter will be available on the right side of the page.  

At this point your plotter is configured and ready, next get the driver installed on your PC.   You can install the XP x64 drivers as described in this post, these drivers work fine for Windows 7 x74 (and also Windows 8 x64).

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

TimChege Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Bob,

Thanks alot! Your advice worked.

I struggled abit as there was an IP conflict on my network that was causing my pc not to find the printer but finally I sorted it out. The printer is now working without any issues.

Thanks again!

~ Tim

0 Kudos
Paul_5827 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Bob,

i have a HP 755cm which i have connected to a jetdirect 300x , i connected the plotter to the jet direct when i go into the setup menu and go to the I/O set up then Moudular setup, press enter it tell me there is no MIO not present.

can you help

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation