Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 8 (2,529 Views)

HP Designjet 111 not recognising black ink cartridges after a couple of prints.

Our HP designjet 111 has now failed to recognise 2 black ink cartridges. It works fine to begin with and then suddenly can no longer recognise them and claims there is no black ink cartridge in the printer. 

Can this be rectified? what could be the problem?

Thanks

P.S. this thread has been moved from HP Designjet ePrint and Share to Printers - Designjet & Large Format. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 8 (2,500 Views)

Re: HP Designate 111 not recognizing black ink cartridges after a couple of prints.

Hello,

Switch off the printer cleaned electronic contacts in ink supply station.

Upgrade the printer firmware if available.

Associate Dean
Message 3 of 8 (2,492 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 111 not recognising black ink cartridges after a couple of prints.

Are these new hpoem or aftermarket cartridges? It oem take a piece of scotch tape and place it over the opening in the bottom of the ink cartridge where the bag is located. Reinsert and see if you get the same message. If you do not then the issue is the plunger that presses against the bag is bad and the ink supply station will need to be replaced.
Student
Message 4 of 8 (2,425 Views)

Re: HP Designate 111 not recognizing black ink cartridges after a couple of prints.

I have this problem too, i changed the ink supply station after the diagnostics software told me it is faulty.
I still get the same problem, when ever i put in the EOM black ink cartridge the printer beeps once and the cartridge indicator keeps blinking as though nothing has been inserted. I tried putting the black in other slots and it did the same, but if i put a different colour, say cyan, in other slots - the printer recognizes it as cyan no matter which slot i put it in.

what could be the problem?

NB: it started when i lifted the printer to move it away, i tilted it horizontally about 50 degrees.

Student
Message 5 of 8 (2,263 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 111 not recognising all ink cartridges after a replacement the black head.

HP Designjet 111 not recognising all ink cartridges after a replacement the new black head.

Student
Message 6 of 8 (2,245 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 111 not recognising all ink cartridges after a replacement the black head.

I recieved an error for the Black Cartridge so I replaced it and recieved the same error.  I have ulled them out and put them back in.  It starts to print about half a page and then errors again?

Any advise?

Professor
Message 7 of 8 (2,231 Views)

Hi,

Try removing all the ink cartridges and printheads, turn the printer off, clean the electrical contacts, insert the ink cartridges (one at the time, make sure the printer is accepting them)

Update the firmware is there is an update

Regards

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
Professor
Message 8 of 8 (2,230 Views)

- Look for any leak on the cartridges
- Update the firmware if there is an available update
- Clean the contacts on the cartridge and the printer
- If they are in warranty call to HP to have them replace
- If you have the same issue the problem is the ISS and has to be replace
Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation