cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Def13
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Designjet 750C Plus cartridge problem

HP Recommended

Hello

I have a HP DesignJet 750C Plus (E/A0) plotter. It worked ok  for a  while, but after some time the yellow cartridge is  not  printing at all. The other cartridges print as intended, but the yellow one doesn't print at all. I've done all the cleaning needed, I've even bought a new original cartridge but still yellow  is not printing. On the display screen I  get "Install color cartridges" when trying  to swap from monocrome to color and the position for the  yellow  cartridge is flashing all the time if I acces the cartridges for cleaning.

Might it be a software problem? (Even though I've tried reinstalling the  printer driver with no result)

Or it's a hardware problem? The piece  holding the cartridge, or ...?

Any  ideas,  suggestions?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It is a hardware issue. That plotter is now very old and odds are the flex connector which mates with the cartridge has a broken contact. You can try to clean the contacts to see if that helps. You can also test by breaking off the tabs in the front of the yellow and the cyan cartridges and put the yellow in the cyan and the cyan in the yellow. If the yellow now works or it tells you the yellow is missing or flashing, then you know it is the slot and not the cartridge. Only place these days to get a replacement carriage assembly is on ebay and there are a couple of places that will sell you one and give you some credit if you return your defective carriage.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation