Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Designjet Z6100 42-Inch Large Format Printer Doesn't have all printer menus

HP Recommended

So, I've been running some diagnostics and service maintenance of my printer recently, including a maintenance kit #2 parts replacement, and I'm having trouble finding the service menu on the printer.  Most of the parts I replaced (such as the line sensor) stated that I would need to run a calibration for the newly installed part (Line Sensor Calibration).  It said to find the calibration option under the Service Calibrations submenu.  The problem is, my printer doesn't have that menu anywhere.  My firmware is up-to-date as of January, 2015 (when I most recently updated it).  My printer is having some print quality issues that I would like to try fixing via the calibrations menu.  Anyone have any idea why my printer doesn't have this submenu, even though everythwere online (including HP) says that it should?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 6
475 474 25 73
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For Call Agents who will request the User to Perform certain troubleshooting action, hold
the Down arrow key and the Cancel key down and switch the printer ON using the front
power switch. Wait until you hear one beep (usually after 5 seconds) before releasing ALL
three keys.
3. For On-Site Engineers, hold the Up arrow key and the Cancel key down and switch the
printer ON using the front power switch. Wait until you hear one beep (usually after 5
seconds) before releasing ALL three keys.

Highlighted
Author
Just joined
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!  It hasn't solved my problem as far as finding the correct menu, or why that menu doesn't seem to exist on my printer, but I think it has helped me find the cause of a problem I'm having with print quality when printing on adhesive polypropylene.  The paper appears to not advance far enough between carriage "swipes," leading to prints that are smaller than desired and that are extremely blurry because the paper didn't move enough before the next pass.  I performed a Paper Drive Test, which falied with high friction.  Any idea how to fix high friction in the paper drive? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
475 474 25 73
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Other than making sure the blue adjustable end cap on the spindle is not pressed on too tight, and possibly cleaning the ends of the spindles and the areas the spindle fits into, I've never had that problem on this model.

Are you selecting the correct media choice in the paper menu when installing that specialty paper?  Is is only on that paper that you have this problem?

The menu system can at times be a pain to get into, holding a button too long or not long enough can cause it to not enter the service mode, there are two different ways to enter service mode, one meant for phone support for customers, the other for technicians.  I will paste this again to see if it helps.  I would do the paper advance calibration.

Once the message “Ready” is displayed on the front-panel, scroll to the “Printer Setup
Options” icon and press the Enter key.
2. Once inside the “Printer Setup Menus” menu, press the UP or Down arrow key and the
Cancel key together. You are now in the Service Tools Menu.
NOTE: If ALL the Calibrations need to be performed (for example, when both the HDD and
the ISS PCA have been replaced), you must perform them in the following order:
• Vacuum Calibration.
• Drop Detector/Service Station Calibration.
• Line Sensor/Scan Axis Calibration.
• Paper Advance Calibration.
• Platen Blue Line Calibration.
Press OK to
confirm selection
Use UP and
DOWN keys
to select
Press Cancel
key
PHONE SUPPORT
Press DOWN
key

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation