cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
canucktfi Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Designjet Z6100 79:04 error, need a plt emergency firmware file.

I have a HP designjet Z6100 42" plotter. The unit comes to ready, but a printjob or internal print results ina 79:04 generic firmware error. I cannot update the firmware since the unit cannot pull a live network connection. Configure connectivity for the network tcpip also failes with an error code.

I have tried the unit by itself and a laptop on a switch and then on a router. The unit will not pull an ip which I can send a firmware for. I have reset defaults, tried a working formatter/mainboard with cpu and ram from a working unit as well. I have not tried a new HDD unit yet but did swap an old HDD and that didn't change anything.

Emod diagnostics all passed as well. All oem inks and supplies. Different network cables used.

I would like to try to send an emergency firmware update to the unit but need the firmware file in a plt format for this unit. Where can I get the plt file without having to go through support channels.

My understanding is the firmware does reside on the HDD, unit boots, loads firmware from hdd to memory. Seems to be a bug in the firmware currently but I cannot update or relaod it through normal means so I need to try this plt format before getting a new HDD. I tried cloneing the old HDD but cannot see anythng on it nor on a working HDD from a 60" unit.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
646 598 22 53
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure this will be helpful or not but I did a firmware update on my Z2100 a while back and, after the update, got the same generic error code the first time I rebooted.  I was aftraid I did something to the HDD or screwed up the firmware update.  I removed the HDD and reseated it and got no change.  So I checked the workshop manual and it said it could be the HDD or it could be the cable that runs to the front control panel.  So I removed the control panel and reseated the cable.  Put it back together and it booted right up.

You might give it a try before changing the HDD.  Worth a shot and won't cost anything.

Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
475 474 25 71
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you connect a laptop directly via a crossover cable, and enter the IP address of the plotter into a web browser, does it connect to the embedded web browser? Keep in mind the laptop has to be in the same IP string as the plotter.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation