Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi I have a strange problem with my HP DeskJet 3510. I took it out of the box installed everything loaded up paper and powered it on. It went through all the motions and blah blah and printed out an alignment page. Anyhow it didn't look right to me but I went ahead and scanned it anyway and it then said "ink cartidges are set to default color quality" or something to the effect. I hit ok and it went to the main menu.

Now from my wifes phone I can connect to the printer and print just fine but from our laptop the alignment is all jacked up. If I type a bunch of random lines into notepad or anything really it misses a bunch of lines and some lines just don't even appear. Which I could only think would be because the alignment page isn't right.

Also from app that gets installed from the software CD on the laptop I can choose to align the cartridges but when I do and it prints and I scan the page (that still looks jacked up to me) the software tells me the alignment failed and asks me to rescan after I put the page in there right. I know the page is in there right its face down and in the bottom right hand corner as it should be.

Now I have ran the cartdridge cleaning process several times took the cartridges out and looked for debris or anything that could be in the way even though I doubt its any of those things becuase like I had said earlier it prings perfectly from my wifes printershare app from her smart phone. Just as it appears on her screen. Only getting this issue from the PC.

Anyhow I am going to attach a photo of how the priner aligment page comes out from me doing it on the printers control panel and from the PC's software both it comes out looking like this. If you could please give me some advice to what to do next that would be great as I am out of ideas. Did I just get a bad cartridge? If so why would it print from my wifes phone fine and not from the PC? Is this how the alignment page should look (can't read any of the things on the lower portion really).

Other Info : PC is running Windows . Other PC has same problem running Windows XP. Wifes Phone is using PrinterShare app. Any information or helpful advice is appreciated thank you guys in advance.

Scan0001.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast and speedy reply guys lol. Anyhow I solved this on my own after searching other forums and customer reviews about these printers I wasn't the only person with this issue.

Incase anyone else had this problem and was hoping for an answer just uninstall and reinstall your printer cartridges until it magically fixes itself and the alignment page prints correctly. Took me two or three times. The final time I left the cartridges out for an hour or so and then reinstalled them.

You guys can mark this brain buster as solved I suppose. That is if anyone even took the time to read this. Amazing support here lol. Really not even a suggestion? LoL I know where I won't be going next time I need some support thats for sure.

HP Recommended

Hi stOrmed,

Seems that we're the only two fools writing here, but I'll share my story anyhow, just in case someone else with the same problem ever reads this.

SOLUTION: Buy an extra set of cartridges because the ones that go with the printer are mailfunctioning.

You may be lucky as I was and get them free in the package with the printer, thanks to www.links.hr

HP Recommended
Finally, after installing and uninstalling the print cartridges on my HP-3510 around 10 times; I finally got the alignment page to print and then scan successfully. It's a nice, very economical printer when it works properly. I was on the verge of tossing it but glad I didn't. I guess the lesson is that persistence can pay off. My thanks to the other two contributing posters.
HP Recommended
Great job man, I wish you luck
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.