Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (2,420 Views)

HP DeskJet F380 not printing!

My printer (which is HP Deskjet F300 series - F380 to be precise) won't print. As far as I can tell the paper is not jammed. I can tell it's connected to my computer, because it boots up when I plug it in to my PC. Initially, it seems as though it's going to print (it makes "print-like" noises,) but then nothing happens. I am then told to load paper (even though there is already paper in it.) Finally, it goes offline. It won't allow me to put it back online via control panel > printers > use online. It just stays the same.

So as far as I can tell, it seems like the printer is either broken or there is a driver fault. I'm planning on re-installing the printer via the HP website (I've lost the disc,) but I have a few questions.

- When I went to download the new driver it said it would take 15 hours to download - do drivers really take this long?
- Do I need to unistall the old version of the printer before I download the new driver?
- Is there anything I need to save/back-up before re-installing the printer?

Any answers would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation