cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BobCapone
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

HP Deskjet 2515 can't be turn on, only Fit To Page light and error light are lighting

HP Recommended

Please help me to fix my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515 All in One Printer. Before it is ok to use it, but after a couple of months when I dont have an ink I didnt use it. As of today I have an important papers to scan but when I try to plugged in the outlet my printer power is off but the two lights in fit to page are on and also the attention light is on. I use to plugging it again on and off from the cable wires but still the same case. I try to push the power on but it doesnt work. Please help me. Thanks in advance. 😞

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Rainbow7000
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,167
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there! Welcome to the forums @BobCapone ,

I noticed your post about the issues you are having with your Deskjet 2515 and I would like to make a suggestion to you.

Click this link and find the combination of blinking lights that you are noticing and then follow the steps to troubleshoot through your issue.

Blinking Lights

I hope that helps, have a wonderful daySmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
BobCapone
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already check the problem in the link you provided before proceeding creating the thread, as I mention before the problem I'm having are not listed in the troubleshooting page.  My problem is when I turn on the printer the only thing light up are the ;
5 - Fit to page light and 8 - Attention light

So is there any possible way on solving this problem?

0 Kudos
Rainbow7000
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 856 2,167
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there!

I am not sure what troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I would suggest some basic steps for you.

Remove the ink cartridges, unplug the printer, clean off the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth dampened with bottled or distilled water, wait for them to dry and place them back in the printer. Plug the printer back in and make sure you are plugging the main power cable into the wall outlet directly. Avoid using power bars, surge protectors or any thing additional.

Check the printer for any jammed paper as well.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you, such as a replacement or trade in. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and if you are calling outside of the US/Canada region,: click here.

Good luck to you:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
emailco4misc
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I know it has been years since you started this thread but did you happen to find the resolution this? I'm having the same issue, fit to page and attention lights always on and I can't power it down nor on. I have deskjet 2515 as well. 

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,611 3,966
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@emailco4misc

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the HP Deskjet 2515 can't be turn on,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Have you attempted any of the steps mentioned in the same thread before posting?

Which operating system have you been using with this printer?

In the meantime, please try the below steps:

Depending on the printer model, the power supply might include a power module inside the printer (internal), a power module that is separate from the printer (external), or a rechargeable battery if you have a mobile printer. For steps to resolve the issue: Click here to choose your printer power supply type to resolve your concern.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
emailco4misc
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi. Thanks for assisting. Unfortunately i have exhausted all of the troubleshooting steps in your website but nothing resolves the issue. The fit to page and attention lights always on seems to be an issue on this type of printer but no resolution is available. Regarding the product num im not sure what it is as the link you have provided is invalid.
0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@emailco4misc

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time,

It's weird that the link isn't working as it did for me before I sent it to you, that said, here's the working link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

And the steps suggested should help resolve the issue in most cases.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
didgejao
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi! Has this problem been solved? I have the same problem with my hp deskjet 2515 product # CZ280B
0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@didgejao

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the HP Deskjet 2515 can't be turned on, only Fit To Page light and error light are turning on,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you attempted the steps suggested on the same thread using the earlier posts?

What is the product number of your device & Which operating system are you using? Use this link to find your product number: http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03754824

(Do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, phone number or address on a public forum for your safety). 

I will need the details before we proceed further, meanwhile please check the steps from the earlier posts,

Considering you have a similar issue, one of the previously suggested steps may work for you.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation