Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

I had to type in and save the printer IP address and now its seems to work.

Jane

HP Recommended

No this is not just a problem with windows 8.1. I have windows 10 with a brand new laptop and  brand new printer and I can't print anything because the printer is offline again. This is such an inconvienence. I can't unistall and reinstall every time I need to print. I work from home and I need my printer. 

@stevegd wrote:

Hi,

I did see the contact details you mention but as the telephone numbers you give are non-geographic that means that it will cost me money to call them and I feel I shouldn't have to pay any more for something I have only just bought !.

Surely someone else has come across this problem on Windows 8.x

I have only got  Windows 8.1 wireless PC's (my Windows 7 PC is wired) so I assume that it is a specific Win 8.1 problem. Is there anyone reading this could you confirm that you have the same problem.

As you can probably tell I am not a happy customer.

HP Recommended

This printer is the worst.  It will not work with any Windows 10 computers we have.  But works fine with all of our ipads and mac and iphones....ridiculous

Save your money do not buy this printer its a headache to deal with

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.