Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated my HP laptop to Windows 10 (not sure if it's the 32-bit or 64 bit because i downloaded/updated it from the internet). So, now my printer is not working.  All the buttons are blinking and it shows an "E" in the display.  I deleted the printer program from my computer and tried to re-install it w/the USB Cable & Wireless - neither of those worked.  The printer is now downloaded, but not installed so that it will work properly.

I contacted HP and talked with a technician for over an hour. The technician was able to get it downloaded remotely, but not installed.   

I have unplugged it and not sure what else to do.  Any suggestions?   Thanks, Adrienne

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I see that your getting the "E" error and all buttons blinking, with your HP Deskjet 2540 printer. I am happy to help you with this issue! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Blinking Lights, and let me know what happens! 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this helps! 🙂
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.