Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got a new wireless network connestion set up in my house. It is the same service provider and modem as my last network that the printer connected to just fine. I have read countless forums on the topic and nothing seems to help. I have done all but uninstall the driver completely and start over fresh. I just feel like that is an overkill solution and there should be something a lot more simple. My main device that I print from is a Surface Pro 3. My network connection is up and strong, and I can print via USB connection. The printer works fine its just not detecting my network... even when I enter into the IP of the printer online. And when I print the diagnostic, my network is not on the huge list of networks detected. Please help me I am not a fan of cords. :indifferent:

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi BrianTroia,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are trying to connect your HP Deskjet 2540 to your new wireless network, and I am happy to help you!

Please see this post, Re: DEskjet 2540 All In One Wireless connection problem. As I believe this will solve your issue.

Hope this is what yo uare looking for, and have a great day! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

When I try to access the HP-Print-9D-Deskjet 2540 Series network per your instructions, it asks for a security code. What is the security code please?

HP Recommended

OK, I'm not sure which bit worked but probably the WPS button on the router and the wireless button on the printer. It is now connected to my new network and so issue is resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi julesbodhi,

I am very glad that your issue is resolved!

For future reference to find your security code, please visit this guide, I Can't Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for My Wireless Network.

Please consider marking Message 2 as "Accept as Solution" so that others who are unable to connect to their network can see how they can too.

Best regards! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

TRIED this 5 - 6  DIFFERENT times !  It has YET to work !  :indifferent:

HP Recommended

How do I reset my SSID from my tablet, I changed my router recently but printer has old SSID & will not connect to it

HP Recommended

@Hazel4,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to connect your HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer to the wireless network after changing the router.

This issue could occur if the old SSID is not erased.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step to restore the printer to its network defaults:

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for 5 seconds.

Then you need to connect the printer to the network. You may follow the steps in the link depending on the operating installed on the computer:

1. Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

2. Wireless Printer Setup (Mac)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Installed new Google wifi router network, and can't get my HP officejet 6600 to print. It does connect to Network, blue light is on, but wont recognize. Can you help?

HP Recommended

@mhmob,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to connect your HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer to the wireless network after you installed a new Google wifi router.

This issue could occur if the printer is not configured properly or the firewall may be blocking it.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below depending on the operating system installed on the computer: 

1. Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Mac)

2. Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows)

Also, let us know the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Click Here if it is a Windows PC

2. Click Here if it is a Mac PC

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.