cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series - Wifi problems

Thanks Praven David..

I've tried the solution you provided however to no success. When I tried installing the printer with no USB connection it failed straight away.

Anyone can suggest any other solutions pls?

Jef

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
465 457 32 316
Message 12 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When trying to install the printer for USB, has the installation failed right after selecting USB as connection method or after connecting the USB cable or you received green check mark indicating USB was detected successfully? Can you reply with a screen shot of the failed installation?

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
Level 2
30 24 0 0
Message 13 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem as in this thread.  Able to connect okay using USB cable.  But when USB is disconnected and connect new printer is optioned, the system does not recognize the printer, even though on the printer theIP address is the one I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
465 457 32 316
Message 14 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@deaconjon wrote:

I have the same problem as in this thread.  Able to connect okay using USB cable.  But when USB is disconnected and connect new printer is optioned, the system does not recognize the printer, even though on the printer theIP address is the one I'm looking for.

Were you presented with option of selecting connectivity when you clicked on "Connect new Printer"? Try this option again with the printer USB cable still connected. You need to select "Wireless" on the connectivity screen.

If it still does not work, check your security settings on the router. If it is WEP key, make sure the authentication type selected is "Open".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 15 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, I successfully managed to install the printer for USB. When trying to install it on Wireless I am prompted to enter the Wireless configuration settings (Network ID, Security Password) and installation begins. However after about 10/15 minutues I am prompted with the error message shown in the attached pictureHPIM3197.JPG.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
465 457 32 316
Message 16 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make sure that

1) If using WEP key, authentication should be Open

2) Change to WPA if above setting does not work. First Restart the router and then printer

3) Make sure that 802.11g is selected. Preferably 802.11b/g or 802.11b/g/n

4) Broadcast SSID is enabled

5) Update your router firmware

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After set up, my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series wireless worked great from both my PC (Windows XP) and laptop (Windows7). Recently, I cannot not print from my PC - no error message - in fact, I get a "Printing" message - but nothing happens on the printer end. My PC tells me it recognizes the printer. However, I can still print from my laptop. PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got through fixing a friend's wireless 3050 J610. I could ping the printer IP address okay, but it wouldn't print. I opened printer properties and then looked at ports. It was set to COM2. The way so many drivers virtualize hardware, it's hard to tell if what you're looking at is real or virtual, but COM ports are usually for physical connections and not available to wireless. At the bottom was a wireless port. I chose taht and the queue started printing.

My friend said that was weird because he's switched between USB and wireless before and the ports obviously changed automatically because the printer didn't seem to mind. But this time the ports didn't behave dynamically.

This machine was Windows XP.

He had a Windows 7 machine that had no trouble switching dynamically.

My friend complained originally that both computers were intermittently having print problems. They'd be unable to print for days, and then start working again.

I wondered if static IP addressing would help, but I think that would trade problems for maybe worse ones. From reading other comments, this seemed right.

Problem is, if I tell the printer to use a single IP address, the address will "maybe" always work, because it will be within the address range and subnet mask. But I wasn't sure, since the router was completely in charge of all other DNS and DHCP requests, if there might be new problems caused by one rogue static address, even though I set it to 192.168.0.200 - well above the 5-6 that would normally be needed.

What I did instead was to configure his WiFi router to retain IP address leases for 60 days instead of the default 1 day. This essentially leaves things dynamic, with the WiFi router completely in charge, but all devices will get to keep whatever their IP addresses are - unless they are turned off for over 60 days. After 60 days there's a chance they'll get assigned a different IP address.

My friend said he sometimes leaves it turned off for over a month, so this seemed like a solution that might not create any new problems.

I won't know if all his problems stay fixed for a while, though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 19 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

just got new service profider for tv phone and wifi.............everything ok but can get a connection to printer type wifi 3050

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 20 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok i have a home mac computer and an hp deskjet 3050 J610 printer.  It says the printer is offline and will not print anything how can i get it to connect my router is apple brand so it doesnt have any buttons or anything and i have no idea what a WPS is either ive tried fixing it but i cant get it. Please help! 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation