Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (3,283 Views)

HP Deskjet 3052a won't scan at all

Hello, I've had this all-in-one device for a while now, and I moved into a new house with it, but during to move I lost the physical copy of the software. I installed new software from the site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5061073&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us and the printing works great, but I haven't been able to get it to scan once. I have it connected via USB cord instead of wireless.

When I try to scan it from the computer, it says my printer can't be found, and when I try to scan it from the printer it says my computer can't be found, yet it prints just fine.

I tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor, downloaded from the posted link, and it told me that my software wasn't fulling installed.

So I reinstalled the software and nothing changed. Printing still works and scanning doesn't. Anything I can do to fix this?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (3,257 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3052a won't scan at all

[ Edited ]

Hello DeHayala,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that since moving you are unable to scan to or from your Deskjet 3052a.

I have included a document with detailed trouble shooting steps to take when you are unable to scan. There is a section dedicated to the different operating systems. It is important to follow the steps in order.

A 'Computer Not Found', 'No Computer Detected', or 'Connection Error' Message Displays During Scanning

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03581784

Regards,

Happytohelp01

Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation