Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 11 0 1
Message 11 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does this matter if a printer is connected or if it isn't?

Highlighted
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 576
Message 12 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forseeably, this could be avoided if you disrupt the connection. So, yes, one possibilty is if you either remove the connection to the computer it will be able to go into sleep mode. Either by unplugging a USB cord or by turning off the printer. 

-Spencer 

PS I hope you are having a great day! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 11 0 1
Message 13 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried with a different USB cable and still same result.

There is no firmware available. I downloaded the latest software. could you search if there is any new firmware? I couldn't find any.

There are no updates available on windows update.

I updated to a alternate driver and still same result.

Not sure what you meant for sleep options.

For some reason, when printer is connected, it prohibits the computer to go to sleep mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 576
Message 14 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From all you have described, it does not sound like this issue is originating with the software for the printer or the harware. By changing both the connection type and the software used the issue still persists, rendering the common factor among these events to be the OS. I would contact Microsoft and see if there is any information on what is going on. 

If you do contact them, please respond back to let me know what their response is. 

Thank you!

-Spencer 

PS have a wonderful day! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 11 0 1
Message 15 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will there be a fee from microsoft for service? Do you know any contact information?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 576
Message 16 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I unfortunately do not have any information on Microsofts costs or practices. But I am sure that this issue does not originate from our software or hardware. 

-Spencer 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 11 0 1
Message 17 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have any contact information? What department to contact?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 576
Message 18 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I cannot give out any information on myself over the internet. If you need to contact me, you can use my user name (AlwaysNeon) to find me here on the forums. 

-Spencer 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 11 0 1
Message 19 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good news.... I got it to work!

I manually turned off the wireless button from the printer, then I connected the printer using the USB cable to the computer. I reinstalled the software program using the USB cable and then I pressed the computer to sleep and it went to sleep!!! Finally.

The problem is with the wireless driver already installed in the computer. It is not letting the computer go to sleep. Is there any folder where these wireless settings or drivers from these are saved? 

Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 11 0 1
Message 20 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there any folder where these wireless settings or drivers from these are saved? What can I do?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation