Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem.  I am running OS X 10.9.1 and have a motorola SBG6580 router.  I tried to load some of the sw links provided but they did not work.  Very frustrating, I can get all my devices to connect except the HP printer that I got at the Apple Store.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and tried to download the fix for 10.7.  Apple says this doesn't work with 10.9.

HP Recommended

Finally found a solution after getting the run around from HP and these so called "professionals".

For those on Max OSX Mountain Lion trying to get this cheap HP Deskjet 3054 setup on a wireless router without WPS, the only solution is to use a PC to setup the printer on a wireless network.

I had to borrow a friends laptop running Windows 7 and downloaded the HP setup app. After going through the installation process setting up the printer to connect to the wireless router, I printed the printer status report to get the IP address of the printer and then went into add the printer manually by typing in the IP address under System Preferences -> Printer & Scanners.

Hope this helps the frustration of other Mac owners trying to connect this piece of crap printer to their wireless network.

HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

I can only imagine how frustrating this experience must be. I know not everybody can't just borrow a laptop to set up their wireless, nor should anybody have to. I would like to help alleviate some frustration with a solution I know works.

I use this method for iPads, iPhones and other devices that do not have software.

1. Restore the network defaults on the printer by pushing the wireless button, going to settings, and then restore defaults. The wireless button should then start flashing, this means it is now in auto-wireless mode.
  2. Connect to the network that the printer is broadcasting. It is usually HP-setup-3050a and then part of the MAC address. The wireless light will still be flashing on the printer at this point, this is normal since this is not an actual adhoc connection.
  3. Load up the Embedded Web Server (EWS) in the browser on your mobile device. The default IP for auto wireless is 192.168.223.1.
  4. Go to the network tab along the top of the EWS.
  5. Click on Wireless Setup Wizard along the left hand side to begin configuring the printer.

EWS wireless.jpg

You have now completed the Wireless configuration, follow the next 3 steps to start printing.

1. The blue wireless light will go solid, put the Mac back on your own network.
  2. Add the printer to the System Preferences.
  3. Print :smileyhappy:

Source: My post from another thread, customer marked as 'Solved'

PrintDoc offered the same solution on message 23 as well.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I don't know how you locate the EWS thing...I tried going to that site, the 192.168.223.1 on my iPhone 5 and it says "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding"

I did what the prior guy did and downloaded then installed the HP drivers onto my $400 ASUS laptop I had bought for certain school things (papers, programming if need be ,etc). However my iMac is my primary computer that I use. After 3 tries, I was able to connect the printer to the wireless on the laptop (used USB first, then 3rd time it connected to wireless from there). My iMac still can't connect to it though. I personally tried calling HP a few weeks ago and would've had to pay like $20 or $30 for tech support and they couldn't guarantee they could fix my problem...I said no way because I was able to connect in the past. It is recognizing the device but everytime I try to connect...

Everytime I try to connect the printer to my iMac...It first pops up with

"Software for this printer is available from Apple. Would you like to download and install it?"

(I click Download & Install)

"Setting up Deskjet 3050 J610 series [FA55FE]..."

"Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server."

This is a big headache. 

HP Recommended

My wireless printer was working fine.  It appears that the issue lies in the Mac updates.  I currently have an updated Mac  OSX 10.9 and have seriously wasted 2 1/2 hrs trying to print something that should have taken 2 mins!  I've restored defaults.  I've read SO many forums & still no luck.  My printer is now stating that it's not connected and the blue light will not stop flashing.

My troubleshooting page reads:

Your HP printer cannot find your access point.  Check that your access point is powered on.  Check that your HP printer network name (SSID) matches your access point network name (SSID) exactly.  If they don't match exactly, run the wireless network setup to configure your HP printer.

Wireless On   Pass

Wireless Working    Pass

Network Name (SSID) Found  Fail

No doubt that in my attempt to troubleshoot all of this I've made matters worse!  No clue where to find the printer network name (SSID)  The only thing that appears in the airport bar is my family's network.  HP setup never appears here. 

I am a distance learning grad student and NEED my computer.  They say time is money.  I'm tempted to just ditch the HP & find another printer.

HP Recommended

My problem is with the first step of this solution.  I push the wirelss button, select settings, and then the third choice "defaults".  nothing happens.  no blinking light.  no connection that i can see... so i'm stuck...

HP Recommended

Thank you!  Thank you! Thank you!  I didn't think this 64 year old could get my HP Deskjet 3054A all-in-one printer to work again.  We recently moved to a new address and the wireless was not working. With your direction to download the Apple and HP software and install I couldn't believe it worked.  You have restored my admiration and loyalty for HP!

HP Recommended

Like many of you I was have having trouble connecting my HP Deskjet 3054 to a wireless network with the pin or WPS method. I am connecting to a Comcast Xfinity supplied wireless router. After reading these forums for several hours I was able to crack the code and solve the problem. Running OS 10.10 on my mac I discovered that apple now supplies all of the software and drivers for HP printers. I google searched " apple hp printer drivers" and it took me right to apple's website to download the software. Once I installed the software I went to system preferences -> printers -> options and supplies, which opened up the printer utility window. Then i clicked on show printer webpage and went through the wireless setup wizard under the networking tab. (I'm not sure if this matters but before connecting to the printer webpage I did restore the network setting on the printer, then clicked on the wireless button and "connect" (i believe) such that the blue light was flashing, and then I joined the newtork LISTED UNDER DEVICES on my mac.)

HP Recommended

I moved and am trying to set up the HP Deskjet 3054A to the new wireless network.  I have a new wireless router.  How do I connect it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.