cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sudsi Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3070a Not Printing (even print status)

Deskjet 3070A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to print anything (even printing a test page manually from the printer or try and align the print heads or anything) the printer says that it is printing but the power button flashes and nothing happens. I have to turn the printer off manually to get back to the settings. As the printer said that there was no ink I thought this could have been the problem so after going out and buying new cartridges (for £50) the printer is still saying that there is no ink and the same problem persists. I have tried some troublesooting i.e. turned off the printer at the wall for a few mins, connected my laptop via usb and downloaded all the proprietary software and updated everything, even on the software it is saying that there is no ink and it is asking me to enter the service cartridges that came with the printer that I don't have. Now that I've made the investment of all new cartridges I would like this resolved. My printer is out of warranty.

I found the setup cartridges but it's still saying, "insert setup cartridges for printer initialization," after i put them in, probably because there's no ink in them. So i'm stuck with a bit of a catch 22 situation.  When using the HP diagnostic tool it says that there it says there is a device error no ink or cartridge entered incorrectly but i've tried everything taking them in and out and doing hard resets.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,308 3,773 305 583
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3070a Not Printing (even print status)

Hi @Sudsi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that your HP Deskjet 3070A Printer is stuck in the initialization mode. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. If the printer is asking for setup cartridges, putting the old setup cartridges will not work. It requires new (unused) setup cartridges to complete the process. The only way to obtain "setup cartridges" is to contact HP. 

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear.

Please respond to this post with the results. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation