Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP Deskjet 3630 and I changed the black cartrige (original, software even congratulated me for using the original ink) and everything was fine. However, I haven't used the printer for ~2 months and now it won't print black text even the software is showing that ink level is almost full. Color printing is going fine.

Please help me fix this issue.

Thank you in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Perform the print cartridge cleaning procedure 4-5 times.  Then try here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c0462...

Let us know.

HP Recommended

I performed cartridge cleaning multiple times and it didn't help. And on the link you provided it says: "This portlet is unavailable."

HP Recommended
Link works fine, problem on your end.
HP Recommended

It doesen't help. I tried all that. For example  when I press copy in black it just pull the paper and spit it out. But when I press copy in color then colors appear on the paper but without black.

Here's cartridges level:

HP Recommended

Try these Youtube videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Deskjet+3630+print+head

Search for more if needed for help.

HP Recommended

It doesen't help. I tried all that. For example  when I press copy in black it just pull the paper and spit it out. But when I press copy in color then colors appear on the paper but without black. I have put new ink catriage.

HP Recommended

OK, since you have tried all on the HP web site and everything on Youtube to fix the issue.... your printer has failed.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem.

Did not use my printer for 2 months and put a new HP63XL cartridge (sealed in the aluminim wrapper and store in my drawer for 2 months)...the color cartidge was working fine.

I tried all the steps, tried the copy function (to skip the computer just in case it was due to the computer..) same!

I cleaned the black ink cartridge with a q tip and isopropyl alcohol, let it dry and put it back in place.

You need to clean the bottom part, where the ink comes out (not the part were you see the little dots)

Use only a q tip and alcohol, do not put your finger tips on it.

After that I run the copier 3 times....I could see the black ink coming back gradually in thin lines.

after a couple of copies i t worked!!  Then I printed from my computer and it worked!

GOOD LUCK!

ps: I was very upset not to be able to get in touch with HP because my printer was more than a year old (bought in 05/2016)...very upset to have to throw something which in fact works just because nobody can answer your question!!! this is such a society of waste and pollution!!  I hope I helped you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.