Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just bought a Deskjet 3755 All in one printer and it won't print any documents. I've installed the software from  the web and the computer (Windows 10) can see the printer and the hp software can see the printer and when I try to print a document it appears  in the print queue, but nothing prints. Eventually I receive a generic error printing status. I used the hp Print & Scan doctor which gave a green tick to everything up to the test page point. The test page will not print and I'm then prompted to print an internal test page, this prints perfectly and the print & scan doctor then tells me the problem is with the software and to uninstall and reinstall which I've done (removing all hp software from add/remove programme) before reinstalling from the website and the same thing happens.

Please advise. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Astrand

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

@Astrand wrote:

I've just bought a Deskjet 3755 All in one printer and it won't print any documents. I've installed the software from  the web and the computer (Windows 10) can see the printer and the hp software can see the printer and when I try to print a document it appears  in the print queue, but nothing prints. Eventually I receive a generic error printing status. I used the hp Print & Scan doctor which gave a green tick to everything up to the test page point. The test page will not print and I'm then prompted to print an internal test page, this prints perfectly and the print & scan doctor then tells me the problem is with the software and to uninstall and reinstall which I've done (removing all hp software from add/remove programme) before reinstalling from the website and the same thing happens.

Please advise. 

It sounds like the printer and the computer are not communicating ("The test page will not print...").

Assuming the printer hardware is functional (that is, not defective), then it may just be a matter of checking through a few things and perhaps making sure the network / printer connection is actually working as expected.

You may need to do some homework to uncover the issue -- every network, including the computer(s), printers, router(s), and settings, work together to create a unique environment.  Or, it could be as easy as "Restarting Everything".

Printer:

HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer

Full Feature Software

Release details

Released: Apr 20, 2016

Version 40.1

Installation Troubleshooting Section

If the Windows 10 OS is a migrated Operating System, that is, you "upgraded" to Windows 10, check the following:

Read / follow suggestions:

After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Ensure your Windows Updates are indeed current:

Windows key > Settings > Update and Security > Check for Updates

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

If you have not done so:

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit)

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

The User Guide explains the various connection setup available for your printer.  (Chapter 7, Page 55)

Read the section(s) that apply to your situation and double check the setup.

Bits:

If you are NOT using Wireless Direct (Page 59), ensure the setting is actually disabled.  Toggle the setting on / off. 

If you are using standard Wireless, check the printer to ensure the Blue light is "steady on".  (Blinking blue light indicates the printer is not connected).  See Page 57.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

From the How-to Section:

Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows)

First Time Printer Setup

HP Printer Assistant Software Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Dragon Reference:

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

General Steps if Operating System recently migrated to Windows 10 or to re-install the printer software:

1. Create a Restore Point >
  2. Open Printer Website Driver Support Page >
  3. Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software >
  4. Remove existing Printer Software from Programs and Features / Apps and Features / All Apps / Devices and Printers >
  5. Shut down the computer > boot, and log in >
  6. Install Full Feature Software (find in your Downloads folder > Double-Click on the file) >
  7. Restart the computer and log in to finish the installation

Section(s) of interest include:

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks, it seemed to be related to Windows 10

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.