Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 11 (55,415 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Deskjet 3845 - Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Connection: USB

Issue: Printer will not print in color, regardless of insert of new color cartridge and grayscale disabled.

I tested the printer on a different computer connected to the same network and it prints in color just fine. Process of elimination leads me to believe that Windows 7 is the problem, as there is no proper drive for it out yet.

However, I presume the "Basic" driver should be enough for Windows 7 to be able to print in color. No?

Accepted Solution

Re: HP Deskjet 3845 - Windows 7

Yeah.. I know about that one. I noted that I have that installed already. Thanks, though.

Edit: I solved the problem. I uninstalled/re-installed the printer and got the color back. I should've done that to begin with, haha.

View solution in context
PhD Student
Message 2 of 11 (55,394 Views)

Visit Windows Update and click on Check for updates for a possible driver update for your HP printer.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Message 3 of 11 (55,382 Views)

I wish it was that simple. I just did that and there isn't an updated driver. I heard that a Windows 7 driver for HP wasn't coming out until January.

I guess I'll have to wait for the driver to come out, then. Thanks for your help.

PhD Student
Message 4 of 11 (55,373 Views)

[ Edited ]

MistressSheena,

Windows 7 does have a Windows update driver for your printer.  Its the 3840 series driver.  Look at this link.  This document should walk you thru on how to install your printer.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01874792

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Top Student
Message 5 of 11 (55,371 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yeah.. I know about that one. I noted that I have that installed already. Thanks, though.

Edit: I solved the problem. I uninstalled/re-installed the printer and got the color back. I should've done that to begin with, haha.

Student
Message 6 of 11 (41,155 Views)

Student
Message 7 of 11 (40,802 Views)

I think I need to uninstall and then reinstall a printer (HP Deskjet 6940) because it's not printing. 

1) On Windows 7, how do I uninstall a printer?--->Do I just select "Remove Device" after right-clicking on the printer icon under "Devices & Printers"?

2) Then after uninstalling the printer, do I just reinstall by simply plugging in the printer back onto my laptop (it's a USB connection)?

Student
Message 8 of 11 (21,764 Views)

bom dia preciso driver de instalaçao hp deskjet 3845

PhD Student
Message 9 of 11 (21,756 Views)

use this link and select your operating system(WIndows XP, Vista or Win 7/Mac) and download the software.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen&lc=en&product...&

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Student
Message 10 of 11 (20,050 Views)

MistressSheena wrote:

Connection: USB

Issue: Printer will not print in color, regardless of insert of new color cartridge and grayscale disabled.

I tested the printer on a different computer connected to the same network and it prints in color just fine. Process of elimination leads me to believe that Windows 7 is the problem, as there is no proper drive for it out yet.

However, I presume the "Basic" driver should be enough for Windows 7 to be able to print in color. No?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation