cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BSalter
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Deskjet 3845 driver for Windows 8.1

HP Recommended
Deskjet 3845
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am trying to install the driver for this printer on a new PC setup. On the HP website it tells me that I am to refer to the list of built-in drivers on the OS. In the list of drivers built-in to Windows 8.1, however, I cannot find the driver. The closest I get is the 3540 Series. My question is where can I find the driver, if I am unsure if the owner has the original install cd. 

HPDriverSupportForum.JPG

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,097 30,800 2,821 10,322
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BSalter

Perhaps the Driver list needs updating...

• Click the little Windows Update box (under the printer list) so Windows can update the drivers
  • Wait for several minutes (it does take a while)
  • Scroll down and find HP Deskjet 3840 Series (LiDiL)

Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Section:  Add a Printer

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

BSalter
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Thanks for you answer. I ran into a problem, however. Everytime I try to update the list, it takes.. well.. after two hours it still didn't finish. I'm guessing that this is not normal. lol.

I will try again, as I think it just is a problem contacting the update server as regular windows updates aren't happening either and it is a fresh install so there is always atleast one update.

I can't think of any other way to install the proper driver for the printer.

Thanks again, and if you have another way to get around this or maybe a way to make sure the update actually happens, that would be fantastic!

0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,097 30,800 2,821 10,322
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BSalter

Rats.

I am right now tangling with a Windows 7 system that won't run (regular) Windows Updates - so far, "fixes" have not definitively "fixed" anything.

Although not precisely the same issue, I suspect that the little Windows Update in the Driver-pull (to update list of printer drivers) is running on the same (or similar) protocol as does the (regular) Windows Updates.   (Driver list is not updating on the system where Windows Updates fails.)

When it is working, "Normal" update to gather the printer list is (depending on your broadband speed) somewhere between two and (less than) four minutes (personal experience).

Of course, Windows 10 Pro machines are running as expected.  No help, there.

More rats.

Waiting for backups to complete on the Windows 7 system; if / when I have something to contribute, I will post back (or update this post).

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation