cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nowpresence
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3915

Hi,

I got a "new to me" compaq computer and when I tried to install HP Deskjet 3915 printer, which worked before, now the computer is not detecting the printer. I don't know what is wrong... I think I've got ev erything hooked up correctly. I tried to look on-line for a driver in case that was the problem but I'm not seeing a driver for 3915... I see 3910 and 3920.

Can anyone help me?

Thank  you.

Joli

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3915

Hey Joli. Sorry to hear your having issues.  Go ahead and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This will try and resolve the issue for you and provide an error code if it cannot. Let me know how this works and if it does not solve the issue we can move to the next step.

Thanks!

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
nowpresence
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3915

I have a Windows XP 32 bit.

There is not a driver for the HP Deskjet 3915 on HP.

I get this list:

Matching products for United States

But, when I click on 3915, I get an error message. All I"m ever able to get is 3910 or 3020 and that doesn't work for my printer.
This is the error message I get :
Page not found

If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link. Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Try the following options:
Choose a different link from previous page

Use your browser's "back" button or the link below to choose a different link on that page.
Return to previous page ›

Search HP webpages To search HP webpages, enter your search words or product name/number:
(For example: Pavilion 7955, LaserJet 1100 or C4224A)
I still need help please.
Thank you.
Joli Harrington
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3915

Hum.. You are correct. I will forward that on to see if I can find a resolution. I did find out printer though with a little searching. Here is the link to your driver: HP Deskjet 3900 Series full driver

Here is the main page for the 3915: HP Deskjet 3915 Color Inkjet Printer

Hope this helps!

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
nowpresence
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3915

It took me two months to be willing to struggle with this some more... and STILL... I cannot get my computer to recognize my printer. The printer worked before I got a "new to me" COMPAQ hard drive that is very similar to my last COMPAQ hard drive. But, this computer will not recognize the printer. I did the download you recommended. But, still... no recognition.

Please... help.

Thank you.

Joli

0 Kudos
nowpresence
6 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3915

I downloaded this before and now... I also have the CD disc that came with the printer. None of this works. The COMPAQ hard drive will not recongize this printer.

If anyone can help, I'd like that.

0 Kudos
nowpresence
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3915

I just needed to go to "add a device/printer" when you go into the computer at start.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3915

Glad to hear you figured it out. If you ever have any other issues dont hesitate to post questions. Also, thanks for my kudos!

Take care,

Sean

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation