Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mmdbr1 Tutor
Tutor
12 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 5550 with Cartridge status BLINKING, power light ON. Windows Vista

Have tried opening and closing cartridge cover

Have tried removing and repalcing cartridges

Have tried looking for "yellow arrow and icons" but could not find either

Black and colors were fine and strong preceding incident.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
437 37 86
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You sound like you have a good logical approach but have you looked at the support pages for DJ5550?

Please go to the link bleow which outlines solutions for "Blinking Lights" issues on the DJ 5550.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00035263

This is a great old printer & I hope you can get your issue sorted.

>(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
If my answer was helpful please click the Thumbs Up.
If your problem is solved please click the Accept as Solution button so other forum users can use the solution.---->

0 Kudos
mmdbr1 Tutor
Tutor
12 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kryton, thanks for responding. Yes, I did go the the HP Supprt pages and followed the instructions.

I opened and closed the cartridge cover door.

I took out and out back in each cartridge

I looked for what was referred to as a "yellow arrow and icons" but could not find them.

0 Kudos
veszely Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi mmdbr, have you found a solution yet?

I had the same problem, obviously the troubleshooting guide (although nice and detailed) mismatched some printers.

IMHO the only thing you should check is if the holder (carriage?) for the 2 cartridges goes to the left or to the right when you open the cover (when everything is in order it should go just to the center.)

Still you can see two GREY icons just under the glossy cover made out of the grey plastic of the big/main cover.

The one with 1 dot (on the left) is for the black cartridge, and the other with 3 dots (on the right) is for the colour cartridge.

So in my case (the carriage moved to the left) it had some problem with the black cartridge. And voilá! now that I removed the black one, it is willing to print with the colour cartridge.

Good luck to you with your one! :-)

0 Kudos
mmdbr1 Tutor
Tutor
12 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Veszely, thanks so much for your response. Strangely, the problem corrected itself directly following my setting up a different printer. It was almost as if I threatened it into working. Thank you for the new diagnostic, I will remember to watch which was the carrier stops in  the future.

0 Kudos
poohshaw Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

YEAH! I had the same problem and I fixed it with your instructions. I LOVE LOVE my HP Deskjet 5550, it has been the the best printer. I bought a HP Photosmart Premium C310 Series and have hated it from day one. The only thing I use it for is scanning, which does a good job, but forget printing on it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation