Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet882C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I get my Deskjet 882C to work with my HP Window 10 Pavillion. It worked fine when I had Window 8. My PC upgraded itself to Windows 10 and now it doesn't recognize the USB device. I tried downloading the drivers and it still doesn't work. When I plug in the printer, all of the lights flash. The printer is in my printer list but the laptop can't talk to it. It was a perfectly good printer. How do I get it to work together?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @born2swim

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post that all of the lights are flashing on your HP Deskjet 882c printer. I am happy to help! 

It is possible there could be a paper jam within the printer, or another type of hardware malfunction, such as broken rollers. I would recommend to go through Chapter 5 of your printer's user guide

If this does not resolve the issue the printer will need to be serviced/or replaced. Please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

This didn't resolve the issue. When I plug in the laptop is when the lights flash and they all flash wildly ... not like when there is a paper jam. When I got the laptop someone at HP (since it's an HP and was under warranty) someone helped me get it to work with my laptop even though it's old. So until my laptop upgraded itself to windows 10, the printer worked fine. My laptop is not under warranty and so I do not want to pay for a service call.  I just want to get my laptop to work again with the printer. I have new cartridges in the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi born2swim, 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I have an HP Deskjet 882c, and just bought a HP computer  w/ windows 10.  The  conversation here is most interesting.

I expect to have the same problem with connecting my printer, but apparently it is not permitted to see how someone else gets their problem solved.  Maybe I just don't understand Forems - I'll jave to read up on how the Forum's private message capability works.

LPK

LPKJR
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.