Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (9,627 Views)

HP Deskjet 895cxi, windows 7 driver needed as no "Windows update" button available

My office's notebook has been upgraded to Windows 7 32-bit.  I tried to install Windows 7 driver for my old HP Deskjet 895cxi printer as instructed on HP site but  there is no "windows update" button available on my notebook.  I tried to contact IT department of my company because this notebook belongs to my company and our IT staff said that the Company has a policy to disable "Windows Update" button.  Is there any other way I can get Windows 7 standalone driver for my HP Deskjet 895cxi or install it using other ways?  

This printer is the only one I have at home and it still works well so I don't want to buy a new one right now and I also just bought 2 new print cartridges.

Please help..... Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (9,587 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 895cxi, windows 7 driver needed as no "Windows update" button available

The Deskjet 895cxi driver can be downloaded from the Microsoft Catalog site.  You will need to use Internet Explorer and select the proper driver from those listed.  The 32 bit driver is the 11.4Mb one.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation