Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DibyajitC Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Deskjet D2360 doesn't print & lights keep blinking after one paper jam incident.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DibyajitC Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Deskjet D2360 doesn't print & lights keep blinking after one paper jam incident.

I had been using my HP Deskjet D2360 printer for over two years with my Windows XP machine. While it still had some problems then, I could manage to use it well enough. The problems however started when I updated from XP to Win7. The drivers in the CD provided with the product, wasn't supported by Windows 7. As a result, I could only print from a few programs. Few days ago, I tried to print a Word document, but the page was not properly aligned, and even before the "paper jam" message could display, I tried to cancel the print. The page immediately got stuck and the power light started blinking. The print queue window displayed the printer as being offline even though it was switched on. Then I downloaded the required drivers from the HP website but the installation couldn't finish as the driver couldn't find any printer connected. The HP Print Doctor managed to get a test page printed once, but nothing else prints. I have tried restarting & cleaning.
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4377 4351 444 575
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

First follow through this YouTube video (not the same model, but the steps are the same) and make sure that the paper jam problem has been fully addressed.

http://goo.gl/a05ZK

Next I would recommend uninstalling the software that you have on your computer for the printer and installing instead the full feature software and drivers from the HP website (link below):

http://goo.gl/TMNej

If that does not work, get back in touch with me and I will see what else we can do to get you up and running!

Have a great day!

:)
0 Kudos
gnnshm Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@DibyajitC wrote:
I had been using my HP Deskjet D2360 printer for over two years with my Windows XP machine. While it still had some problems then, I could manage to use it well enough. The problems however started when I updated from XP to Win7. The drivers in the CD provided with the product, wasn't supported by Windows 7. As a result, I could only print from a few programs. Few days ago, I tried to print a Word document, but the page was not properly aligned, and even before the "paper jam" message could display, I tried to cancel the print. The page immediately got stuck and the power light started blinking. The print queue window displayed the printer as being offline even though it was switched on. Then I downloaded the required drivers from the HP website but the installation couldn't finish as the driver couldn't find any printer connected. The HP Print Doctor managed to get a test page printed once, but nothing else prints. I have tried restarting & cleaning.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation