Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,190 Views)

HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One Pen failure Print Cartridge Has a Problem

[ Edited ]

Help please! We put a new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge (22) into our HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One and received the following message. The Following Print Cartridges Has a Problem: Tri-color. We had bought a double pack so we tried the other new cartridge and still had the same error. I cleaned the contacts with alcohol and still got the same message.

Finally I opened up a brand new HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One printer that we had bought as a back up printer. We received the same message from the new printer from both of these ink cartridges. Then we put a used Tri-Color cartridge into the new printer and received the same message. I've run the HP Print Diagnostic Utility 4.1 and it tells me I have a Pen failure. At first I thought the two new cartridges were bad but I don't think they are since the old cartridge gave the same error. Can these printers be reset back to their original factory settings? I have spent hours researching and following instructions to to try to fix the issue. Many thanks in advance to whomever can help me resolve this issue. Smiley Surprised)

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,130 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One Pen failure Print Cartridge Has a Problem

Thank God! It is finally running. Even though I had clicked on the HP icon to check for important software and driver updates it kept telling me that it was up to date. I had even un-installed and re-installed the software that came with the printer.

This time I went to HP Support page and found my printer. Then I clicked on "Software and Driver Downloads" and then downloaded two drivers that were listed. I'm happy to announce that I'm back up and printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation