cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
elizabethb Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet F4272 falsely showing no ink

This is a recurring problem now.

For the third time my printer is claiming that there is no ink left (this time it is the colour cartridge; it has been both before now)  when I KNOW that there is a nearly full cartridge, legitimate HP cartridge in there.  This happens suddenly, there having been no problem previously.  It is not a case of the cartridge drying out, and removing and replacing the cartridge doesn't do the trick.

I have three questions:

Is this a known fault?

Can I do something about it?

Is there a short-term work-around available to let me print/copy in black-and-white?  It won't let me currently, all displays just say, "error".

I'm not going to buy any more (monstrously expensive) cartridges for it; I've learnt that lesson.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
8,611 7,796 283 645
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet F4272 falsely showing no ink

Hi

Try the cartridge cleaning steps in this document

c01897897

As a workaround, you should be able to print in grayscale with the color cartridge removed.

Hope this helps

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation