Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,826 Views)

HP Deskjet F4500 - Restore Factory Settings or Find IP Address

Hello,

I have a Deskjet HP F4500. I need help with one of the following:

1) Restoring printer to factory settings

OR

2) Locating IP Address for printer.

During the installation I forgot to write down the IP (like an idiot), so I'm running into problems getting the printer to work wirelessly (as you can imagine). If I can locate the IP address, then I don't have to do another installation. However, I have no problem with restoring factory settings to the printer. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall - but the printer says "device is not within reach" - probably due to there already being a prior installation.

Kudos to those who help!!!

-Greg

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,794 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F4500 - Restore Factory Settings or Find IP Address

HEY HEWLETT PACKARD!

Why haven't I received a response to this? I have purchased your product with hard earned money - now I get no response? I will be giving my business to everyone except HP from now on. I took the time out to write a specific issue and have waited a few days for something in return...NOTHING.

No wonder HP is going down-hill.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET A RESPONSE SO I COULD USE THE F'ING PRODUCT.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation