cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vaguraw Tutor
Tutor
3 2 0 5
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One refuses to print!

So, i got a brand new HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One, which is refusing to print.

The scanner is working and it will copy pages too. But when i try to print a file from my computer, nothing happens.

The print-job enters the queue and then disappears almost immediatelly.

If i try to print a .txt file, i get a "The parameter is incorrect" message.

I have already set up the printer twice and this is getting a bit out of hand.

19 REPLIES 19
vaguraw Tutor
Tutor
3 2 0 5
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got an update, if it helps.

I connected the printer to a laptop and it printed instantly. So the problem has to do with my computer probably.

Got any suggestions ?

Retired
Retired
15163 14421 855 2154
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi vaguraw,

I understand you are unable to print with your new Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 from one of your computers. I noticed you have been successful at printing on your laptop as well. I have looked into this issue for you and I recommend running HP's Print and Scan Doctor, which will search, find and correct common printing problems.

Please click the link I will post for you below and let me know if it works!

Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
rd888 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. The  answer from 

0 Kudos
rd888 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

UPDATE:

I went to the shop. they told me HP's policy is not to take the printer back but to let suppport deal with it.

I called them and spent 2 painful hours with no progress. We emptied the printer queue, removed all other printer drivers and finally re-installed the HP driver. I ended the support call when the technician told me the next step was to re-install Windows because he thought my windows 7 Pro was corrupted. I would never do that. That solution is unacceptable. My workstation has had Espon, Brother and Samsun connected to it before with no issues.

I tried with my W7Pro x64 laptopm this morning. Exactly the same problem. 

This printer is a waste of time and waste of money since now I am stuck with it.

Learn from my mistake and buy something else.

R.

0 Kudos
vaguraw Tutor
Tutor
3 2 0 5
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree with you. HP support was crap and i'm not buying again HP stuff. 

0 Kudos
jabee077 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vaguraw wrote:

So, i got a brand new HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One, which is refusing to print.

The scanner is working and it will copy pages too. But when i try to print a file from my computer, nothing happens.

The print-job enters the queue and then disappears almost immediatelly.

If i try to print a .txt file, i get a "The parameter is incorrect" message.

I have already set up the printer twice and this is getting a bit out of hand.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
4 2 1 9
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Friends,

I have been through the same situation. I can understand the pain one goes through. oh...my...God!! For me it was 8 to 10 hours for 3 days non-stop. There is no was out but to try and try,  because I already know that the retailer will not take back the **bleep** HP machine and the HP technical support person on the telephone gives up saying that it is an issue with the PC and not with the HP printer. I **bleep** know it is the HP printer software drivers that is pathethic!! It should be user friendly so that I can first print, copy and scan...the rest of the features I will appreciate  if the primary functions work well at the first place.

I some how got a workaround...and it is printing!! Thank god!!

But I still want the HP driver software to work the way it should and not make it work with a workaround. 

Yeah!! but I can surely share is a work-around that will help to print good documents and good photos...Its a work around but I still need a total resolution from HP!!! this is not a computer issue ...its your software driver issue HP!!! ARE You listening HP! 

The work around:

Use the universal HP Deskjet PCL3 class driver instead of HP Deskjet 1510 series, the printer works on Windows 8 and Win 7 aswell.

Download HP Deskjet 460 Printer Series PCL3

From the link : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=bi-40620-1

To download the driver click on the link that reads:

File name: DJ460_WinXP64_EN.exe

Then save it in C: Drive and note down the location.

If you already installed the HP 1510 driver then can try this:

- Control panel

- View devices and printers

- right click on "HP Deskjet 1510" icon and select Printer properties

- go to "Advanced" tab

- use the "New Driver" button

- In the left window select HP

- Click on Have disk

Click on Browse and go to the location where you saved the driver for HP Deskjet 460 Printer Series PCL3 and click open.

Follow the instructions and then try to print.

Let me know if it works for you too..I will be glad if it works for you.

In the meantime, I believe that HP should find a resolution to this issue….and not leave the customers on their own…and Dear friends if you have a resolution please let me know.. This world is a small family and we must help each other and love each other.

UdinSby Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

help me please,So, i got a brand new HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One, which is refusing to print.
scan & copy its work but reuse to print, i try the solution from IndianGuru ,vaguraw , 

i use vista ultimate 32 bit and i have try DJ460_WinXP64_EN.exe not working, i search for 32bit and i got nothing.
thank you for your solution ,

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15163 14421 855 2154
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @UdinSby , welcome to the forums:) 

I saw your post about the printing issue you are having with your Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515. I would next suggest that you try running the full driver and software installation. If you see any errors at all, or any other issues, please send me a screen shot of the problems or write me back with the specific details.

Click this link to download and install your printer:

HP Deskjet 1510 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

Have a wonderful day:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation