Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,017 Views)

HP Digital Fax

Hello,

I just purchased an HP DeskJet 4615 ink advantage printer/fax for my home computer running XP X64. Unfortunately I did not pay attention during my search on what to purchase that this printer is NOT supported on XP X64 but only 32 bit XP OS.

I tried running the setup.exe on the DVD but was told that the OS installed is not supported.

I connected the printer and when prompted for "New hardware detected" I gave the location of the DVD and I guess the basic drivers were installed. Two printers with 4610 Series were created; one for printing and the second for sending faxes. Also an icon for scanning was placed on my desktop. I tested all these; printing, sending a fax, and scanning, and they appear to work just fine.

What I am missing is the HP Digital FAX software to enable receiving and managing faxes on my PC.

What would happen if I were to download the DVD with full service package for one of the HP fax/printers that is supported on XP X64 and run the setup? Would this install the HP Digital FAX software, and if so would I be able to use it with the HP 4615? Or would there still be necessary drivers missing?

Thanks in advance,

ChaimB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (990 Views)

Re: HP Digital Fax

Hi,

This is most likely a mute issue since as of yet I have been UNABLE to find any HP FAX whose full service drivers which would include the HP Digital FAX software that are supported on Windows XP X64.

ChaimB

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation