cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lizaroo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP E Print App not linking effectively to Go Daddy email (HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M225dw)

HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M225dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Laser Jet Pro  (MFP M225dw), and am excited about the mobile printing option. I have downloaded the HP EPrint App to my smartphone (Samsung Note 4), and have successfully linked both my gmail and hotmail accounts.

However, I am having issues linking my Go Daddy account.

As per a 2014 forum post, I have linked my Go Daddy account via Outlook, used Hostname: imap.secureserver.net, and Port: 143, SSL: ON. The account 'appears' to link; however, when I click on my Go Daddy Outlook email icon, it continuously brings me back to the Home screen, (the one that says 'Photos/Files/Web/Email') such that I'm never able to truly access my Go Daddy email account. 

*No error messages

*Bluetooth off

*Android 5.1.1

*I have Norton Mobile on my phone

*Looked at my Go Daddy security settings - no 'two-step verification' or 'allow less trustworthy apps to access' issues

Also, I see that this app is only able to print the body of an email; is there a way where information such as details such as the sender's email/recipient's email/date/time of transmission can be included in the print job?

Thank-you so much for your time and consideration! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DocCottle
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 404 709
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @Lizaroo,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with entering your Go Daddy email account settings into the HP ePrint app. For more assistance, your best option would be to contact Go Daddy directly to verify all of the settings from the post you found are correct. Some email clients change their settings often so I wouldn't be surprised if the info you found is now outdated.

For printing subject lines and headers, that is not possible to print them. The reason for that is because a lot of users are trying to print out photos or documents. Under the current situation if a user was to send a blank email then the only thing that would print out would be the attachment. This saves those customers a sheet of paper and the ink/toner used to print.

If you would like to have the printer print out senders and subject lines you can do so by having the sender include them in the email body. Another alternative is to setup an email address that's sole purpose is to forward emails to the printer's email address. That way if it is setup to include forward information in the body then you will have those printed on the page. This also gives you the advantages of having a backup of any emails sent to the printer's ePrint address and if anything were to happen to the ePrint address you could change the forwarding address for that email and no one would ever know there was an issue.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Otherwise, have a great week!

If this resolves your issues, please help other users find this thread by clicking on Accept Solution below my post.

If you appreciate my help, please let other users know by clicking on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation